Sandi Maciver – Stampin With Sandi – Seasonal Chums Christmas Card
I just can’t stop colouring with the new Stampin’ Blends (Stampin’ Up’s new alcohol markers), so I have another card to share with you today using them, BUT – if you haven’t ordered them yet??????? (you have way more self control that I do, haha), you can also use your aqua painter, or your blender pen to create the images.
I saw a cute sketch over at TGIF (thank God it’s Friday) – so I thought I would jump in this week with my card:
Sandi’s Tips & Tricks: for the Seasonal Chums Christmas Card
- I Love the bright and fun Quilted Christmas Designer Paper and those big old stars create the perfect backdrop for my little deer, and provided the inspiration for my embellishments.
- I did the same die cutting treatment as I did on this card to create the layered circle background.
- The stars are cut using the solid pumpkin die from Patterned Pumpkins Thinlits. TIP – cut your circles first, then use the left over inside pieces to die cut your pumpkin for the stars
- The parcel is from the Happiest Days Stamp set – also great fun to colour
- To color the little deer, I first added my dark Crumb Cake to the shadows and then blended the rest of the image with the light Crumb Cake. Light Cherry Cobbler for his nose and bow, Light Daffodil Delight for the bell and the Bronze marker for his antlers and hooves.
- For the parcel, I used both the light and dark Cherry Cobbler and the light Old Olive.
I absolutely adore the images in this Seasonal Chums Stamp Set, they are quick and easy to colour and you can create beautiful cards in minutes by adding a bit of Stampin Up Designer Paper.
You can order the images in just the stamp set, or the Bundle that includes the coordinating dies to save yourself 10% on both.
for the Seasonal Chums Christmas Card:
- Card base: Thick Whisper White 4-1/4 x 11, score and fold at 5-1/2
- Card front: Quilted Christmas Designer paper 4 x 5-1/4
- Sentiment: Whisper White 5/8 x 4
- Deer and parcel: Whisper White 3 x 3
- Circles: Gold Foil sheet: 3-1/2 square for each – TIP – save the insides and use them to die cut the pumpkin for the stars.
For the Seasonal Chums Christmas Card:
Thanks so much for stopping to visit with me today, I would love to hear from you – you can leave comments here:
- be one of 25,500 following me on PINTEREST
- My Fastest growing New board – Christmas Card ideas – Stampin Up – has 914 pins to date
- NEW – Holiday Catalogue 2017 – over – 1,464 pins