Sandi MacIver – Stampin with Sandi – Seasonal Wreath Celebrate Card
Welcome to the Ink It! Stamp It! Blog Hop! This is a group of amazing stampers so be sure and hop through the full line up for some awesome inspiration. This month our challenge is a technique and I combined a few for my card share today. We would love to hear from you so don’t forget to leave a comment.
It could be a Christmas Card – but perhaps not!...with these non traditional colours you could just change out the sentiment and make it for any occasions you needed a card for.
I started my project with the Embossing Technique. The Seasonal Wreath Embossing Folder #146833 is in the Stampin Up Annual Catalogue on page 223.
I of course decided to embellish it to death with die cuts from the Frosted Boutique Framelits and the In the Woods Framelits from the Holiday Catalogue.
Sandi’s Tip’s & Tricks for the Seasonal Wreath Celebrate Card:
- I started by Embossing a 3-5/8 x 4-7/8 piece of Whisper white card stock with the Seasonal Wreath Folder and then used sponge daubers to add Soft Sea Foam green all over the wreath and then highlights of Pear Pizzazz (go lightly with this one).
- I mounted the piece to a 3-3/4 x 5 mat of Granny Apple Green and then a Thick Whisper White card base 4-1/4 x 11, scored and folded at 5-1/2.
- I used Blackberry Bliss, Granny Apple Green and Gold Foil Sheet pieces to die cut my leaves and branches attaching them with small dots of multipurpose glue.
- I doubled the Fresh Fig 1/8″ Sheer Ribbon to create my loopy bow and attached it with a folded in half glue dot.
- To create the plaid, I first used my Stamparatus to stamp the Buffalo Check Stamp in Pear Pizzazz ink, then used a ruler and the fine tip of my Rich Razzleberry Stampin-n-write Marker to add the “pink”. Blackberry Bliss was also pretty, but a little too dark for what I wanted.
- I sliced off a piece of the plaid to add to the bottom of my card and then added a skinny strip of the Gold Foil, just to pull the whole image together.
Thanks so much for hopping with us today. We hope you’ll join us again next month. I’m Sandi MacIver and to keep hopping around see the list below. if you are reading this post by e-mail, you will need to VISIT MY BLOG to see the list.
I hope you enjoyed today’s Seasonal Wreath Celebrate Card and thanks so much for stopping in to visit.