Sandi MacIver – Stampin with Sandi – Serene Garden and New Big Shot Tools
Hi stamping friends, my share today is created with the NEW Serene Garden and New Big Shot Tools. Specifically the new Big Shot Embossing Mats – read on – you are going to LOVE these.
First let’s discuss this FABULOUS new Bundle on Page 166 of the catalogue, Serene Garden. It was included in my first order for many reasons, I love the line drawing, there’s lots of images to colour, there are dies to cut out some of the pieces and there are embossing dies too.
Sandi’s Tips & Tricks for the Serene Garden and NEW Big Shot Tools card:
- Start by embossing the edge of the card base (see instructions below)
- Stamp the image in Stazon Jet Black onto a piece of 3 x 4-1/4 Whisper White card stock.
- Color the image with Soft Suede and Soft Sea Foam using a blender pen
- Stamp the raised images (flowers and butterfly), onto another piece of Whisper White 4-1/4 x 5-1/2, and colour with Grapefruit Grove, Lovely Lipestick and a blender pen.
- Use the coordinating dies to cut out the flowers and butterfly.
- Stamp the sentiment from Rooted in Nature onto a 1/4 x 3 piece of Grapefruit Grove.
- Attach the art piece to the 3-1/8 x 4-3/8 piece of basic black mat and then attach to the card base.
- Use Dimensionals to attach the raised art pieces and the sentiment.
DID YOU NOTICE the new colour coding in the Big Shot section of the catalogue? Check out page 215, for sandwich instructions for each of the types of dies we sell – and the individual images of the die sets are colour coded also to assist you.
There is another new tool in the catalogue too, the BIG SHOT EMBOSSING MATS (page 221)
Check the bottom left corner of my card base for the beautiful embossing from the special die in this set. While I could use the Embossing Dies Sandwich from page 215, I decided to try my new Big Shot Embossing Mats and I was impressed with the deep image I achieved.
My Sandwich is from the Bottom:
- Big Shot Platform
- Cutting Pad
- Die – face up
- Gray Mat (it comes with two, one gray and 1 blue)
- Impressions Pad
You NEED this NEW set of Mats – here’s why:
Your favourite Framelits, Thinlits and Edgelits dies can do more when paired with the Embossing Mats. Use with dies that have decorative ejection holes for additional embossing. Or use with cutting dies to emboss instead of cut (WHAT – Way COOL). Includes impressions pad, thin silicone rubber mat and thick silicone rubber mat.
Yes, you read that correctly, now you can use your dies that cut – to emboss – I LOVE that….
I hope you enjoyed today’s project and thanks so much for stopping in to visit.
Wishing you Happy Stamping.