Hi crafty friends and welcome back. Today I have a super fun (and super easy) fall card for you, the Simon Says Stamp Autumn Leaves Gem Colors.
The Autumn Leaves stamp set is from Simon’s recent Make Merry Release. It’s a 6 x 8 stamp set made up of beautiful leaf images that you can use all year around. As it’s fall, I decided my first card would be in beautiful fall colors so I used my Gansai Tambi Gem Colors watercolor paints and as they are iridescent, I painted them onto black card stock for a masculine feel.
- Take the entire stamp set and use glue dots to attach it to the lid of the Misti, that way you don’t have to reposition each leaf.
- Stamp the images in VersaMark Ink onto black cardstock.
- Next, cover with gold embossing powder, shake off the excess and heat set.
- Paint the images with the gold, green and red paints.
- Work around the embossed stitches in the center of each leaf so the stitching shows.
- Die cut the “Celebrate” sentiment twice from gold and layer.
- Cut a strip of vellum a bit wider than the sentiment and wrap it around the card front securing at the back.
- Attach it to the gold mat and then the white A2 sized top folding card base.
- Use White glue to attach the sentiment to the front of the vellum.
- Finally, embellish with a few gold sequins.
You can order the Autumn Leaves stamp set alone or combined with the Autumn Leaves Die set. My next card I stamp, color and cut out the leaves so I have a layered effect on my card. Watch for that post coming soon.
used for the Simon Says Stamp Autumn Leaves Gem Colors Card:
Want to find the products I used? I have them listed below. Compensated affiliate links used at no cost to you.
Thank you for your support, it helps to cover my blogging and video expenses.