Hi card making friends, my share today is the Sky is the Limit – Embossed Resist.
I had to play with this stamp set one more time before it retires next week, so here you go:
One of my favorite stamping techniques is the Embossed Resist:
Sandi’s Tips & Tricks:
- Heat emboss the sentiment and smoke stream in White.
- Use sponges and Crushed Curry, Lost Lagoon and Soft Suede to create the sky
- The sun was created by punching a circle in a post it note with the 1-3/8″ punch to create a mask, then sponge the sun in Crushed Curry.
- Remove the mask and blend in a little yellow around the sun, then a little Lost Lagoon,
- Lastly, sponge the edges with Soft Suede to give it a vintage look.
- Stamp the plane in StazOn Black.
- The background “Going Places” designer paper is also sponged with Soft Suede
- The strip of black down the right side is embossed with the Arrows Embossing Folder and a little Linen Thread is added.
- Card Base: Lost Lagoon 5-1/2 x 8-1/2
- Basic Black 4 x 5-1/4
- Going Places Designer Paper 3-7/8 x 4
- Whisper White for the art piece 3 x 4-3/4
Thanks so much for visiting me today, I hope you enjoyed the projects.