Hey card making friends, Happy Tuesday. Today I’m sharing the So Beautiful Eclipse Card. I recently ordered this lovely “So Beautiful” stamp from the Simon Says Stamp Crafty Hugs release and once I had it all colored up I decided it would make an awesome Eclipse Card.
First, I colored the image with my Altenew Artist watercolor 24 pan set. I used the wet and wet technique so that the colors really moved and blended for me (wet the paper first then add the watercolor to it).
Then I added Tumbled Glass Distress Oxide around the edges to add a bit of a frame plus some background color.
The smaller sentiment is white heat embossed it on a scrap of black card stock before fussy cutting around it.
This is a large Red Rubber stamp so my finished card is 5 x 7 and there is a PDF download below with full instructions for you
I’ve tilted the card in this image so you can see the black layers below the raised cut out letters – this is the ECLIPSE.
How to Create the ECLIPSE CARD
**** Supply list is at the end of this post for you.
- Use the MISTI to stamp the image in waterproof black ink onto watercolor paper and watercolor
- Lay the art piece flat on some SSS grid paper, and use a ruler to line up the Ornate Alphabet Dies across the piece.
- Use the J for spacing for the second L and once everything is spaced out tape the first three letters down with Purple Tape.
- Die cut the first three letters, then move the L and O back in place for the second cut.
- TIP – Don’t forget to save the white center cut out from the O you need to place it back in at the end.
- Use black scrap to cut each letter three more times.
- Stack the four pieces for each letter and glue them together with white glue.
- Mount the art piece to a piece of foam board, cut just a bit smaller than your art piece (4 x 6)
- Use White glue to place the stacked letters back into the holes on the art piece.
- With the black underneath, this creates the “Eclipse”.
- Attach the art piece to a top folding 5 x 7 card base
- Finally, Add the black sentiment under the cut out letters with foam tape pieces to pop it up just a bit.
I’ve added this card to the following challenges for this week/month.
Simon Says Stamp Instagram Challenge #sssigchallenge – Friends
the Sunday Stamps Challenge
and the Festive Friday Challenge: I used green, flowers, die cut and embossing
I also have a Pinterest Board with lots of great inspiration for you
MISTI STAMPING PLATFORM UPDATE
The new “improved” MISTI is now available for pre-order HERE
here’s a short video on the recent upgrades:
used for the Simon Says Stamp So Beautiful Eclipse Card:
Want to find the products I used? I have them listed below. Compensated affiliate links used at no cost to you.
Thank you for your support, it helps to cover my blogging and video expenses.