Hi crafty friends and welcome back to my card making blog. My share today is created with the Soft Sayings Stampin Up Stamp Set, which you will find on page 11 of the annual catalogue in the Soft Sayings Card Kit.
I had the opportunity this past weekend to open this lovely kit and create the cards. I LOVED it. As someone who is usually cutting card kits for my customers, it was so nice to have a card kit cut for me. Everything I needed was inside the beautifully decorated storage box, the instructions were easy to follow and I created 20 beautiful cards.
Secret be told, I bought the kit for the stamp set – so the beautiful cards were a bonus, haha.
I combined two challenges for my card today, first the Freshly Made Sketch Challenge for this week:
and the colours chosen are for the Color Throwdown #449
Sandi’s Tips & Tricks:
- I started by cutting a 4-1/4 x 5-1/2 card front in Pool Party and running it through the Petal Burst Embossing Folder for my leafy background.
- The Whole Lot of Lovely Designer paper had all the colours I needed -so Viola.
- The mat behind the designer paper is a piece of the lovely Tranquil Tide card stock.
- My sentiment is white embossed onto a piece of Vellum card stock.
- And the ribbon treatment is a folded piece of 1/8″ Sheer Ribbon in Whisper White which brings out those adorable little white flowers in the background.
Card Recipe is at the end of this post for you
Thanks so much for visiting me today.
- be one of 25,000 following me on PINTEREST
- NEW – 2017 Annual Catalog Pin Board – over 1,700 pins
- NEW – Eastern Palace Suite Pin Board
- Daisy Delight Board – over 300 pins
- NEW – Colorful Seasons Pin Board
- Card Base: Pool Party 5-1/2 x 8-1/2 score and fold at 4-1/4
- Card Front: Pool Party 4-1/4 x 5-1/2
- Whole Lot of Lovely Designer Paper: 3-1/4 x 4
- Tranquil Tide: 2-3/4 x 4-1/2
- Vellum card stock: 1/2 x 5-1/4