Hi card making friends, today I’m sharing Special Reason and the NEW Glimmer Paper.
Special Reason is another new stamp/die bundle in the Occasions Catalogue, you will find it near the back on page 42.
It has a lovely combination of flowers and leaves, comes in clear and wood mount and you can order a combo bundle and save 10% – and get a free Sale-a-bration item – which could be the NEW GLIMMER paper.
So here is the first card I made combining all of the elements: I have two more to share with you tomorrow:
Sandi’s Tips and Tricks:
Special Reason with the NEW Glimmer Paper Card:
- Die cut the art piece first, cutting out the flower.
- Then stamp the solid leaves in the background using stamped off Mint Macaron and the sentiment in Bermuda Bay.
- Add a piece of Glimmer Paper behind the flower. A square of 2-1/2 fits perfectly. Use Glue Dots to hold that on (snail isn’t strong enough).
- Attach a strip of the 3/8″ Metallic Ribbon in Silver across the bottom (another FREE Sale-a-bration choice).
- Then I attached this piece to my card base using Dimensionals.
- For the card base, I cut a second piece 4 x 5-1/4 and embossed it with the Petal Burst Embossing Folder before adding my art piece to it – My “background noise”, haha…
- Use multipurpose glue to attach the leaf cut outs (isn’t that Mint Macaron Glimmer paper amazing?)
- Add a stamped flower sponged in Bermuda Bay and Mint Macaron.
- And the final embellishments, a splattering of small pearls and Rhinestones.
Here is the Special Reason Bundle, a lovely selection of stamps and dies = just in time for spring!.
And the Glimmer Paper Assortment pack
For Special Reason and the NEW Glimmer Paper Card:
- Card base: Bermuda Bay 5-1/2 x 8-1/2, score and fold at 4-1/4, 4 x 5-1/4 – embossed with the Petal Burst Embossing Folder.
- Art Piece/Card Front: Whisper White 3-1/2 x 4-3/4 – plus a 2-1/2 square for the die cut flower.
- Leaves: Mint Macaron Glimmer Paper 1-1/2 x 6 – die cut with the Stylish Stems Framelits:
Thanks so much for visiting me today and I hope you enjoyed the project: