Hey cardmaking friends, welcome back. Today I’m sharing two cards created with the Spellbinders February Large Die of the Month.
This month’s set is called Birthday Wishes for Everyone which is perfect timing as I need to refill my birthday card box. I did one male card (top card), and one female card to share today.
These FABULOUSLY large numbers have a fun font and are super easy to cut and play with. I tried them two different ways in today’s cards but used the same elements.
Spellbinders February Large Die of the Month Card #1
- Create a background wallpaper by cutting out a bunch of the numbers in white and gluing them to a white card front. Trim the edges flush once the glue is dry
- Die cut the 5 and 6 from the card front and then glue the card front to a top folding card base. (I have specific people in mind for these cards).
Use the Simon Says Stamp Strips 2 die to cut a bunch of card stock strips.
- Attach them to a sheet of adhesive to use for die cutting.
- Image shows: Hero Arts Paradise, Gina K Dusty Rose, Key Lime Green, Passionate Pink and Wild Dandelion card stock. Of course you could use whatever colors you wish.
- Angle the dies for the 5 and 6 and cut out the image.
- Use Foam Squares to attach them to the card front so they pop slightly (I did 3 layers of foam squares).
- Next, cut out the Happy and “th” from black card stock.
- As the letters in happy are not attached, lay the negative die cut piece over your card to help with placement.
This is a super easy way to add individual letters to a card front and get them well spaced and straight.
- Similar to card #1 for the numbers.
- Emboss the background with the Bright Days Embossing Folder from Fun Stampers Journey (retired)
- Cut the word “Happy” from Gold mirror card, and the “th” was cut from the strips panel.
- Attach all the art pieces to the card front.
Once I had all of these attached, the card looked a little bare so I grabbed the Large Die of the Month set from January, Kaleidoscope Hearts.
- Die cut some leaves and flowers from the same colors of card stock and decorate around the word Happy.
This added the perfect amount of embellishment and filled in some of the white.
There are many ways to order the Spellbinders Large Die of the Month:
you can order just the die set, or check out the bundles below. They are discounted and cut down on shipping costs as well.
The Die Hard Club = Small and Large Die of the Month
Die Hero Value Club = Small and Large Die of the Month + APG (Amazing Paper Grace)
The Die and Stamp Addict Club = Small and Large Die of the Month and the NEW – STAMP of the Month
*my personal favorite – The Glimmer ‘n Cut Club = Small and Large Die of the Month plus the Glimmer of the Month
Glimmer Groupie Value Club = Small and Large Die of the month, the Glimmer Club, and the Card Kit of the Month
used for the Spellbinders, February Large Die of the Month:
Want to find the products I used? I have them listed below. Compensated affiliate links used at no cost to you.
Thank you for your support, it helps to cover my blogging and video expenses.