Sandi MacIver- Stampin With Sandi – Spirited Snowmen in Tartan
Hi stamping friends and welcome back. Today I’m sharing Spirited Snowmen in Tartan. You may remember a couple of weeks ago I shared a video on how to make Tartan/plaid designs with the Buffalo Check Background stamp and the Stampin-write markers. Well, today’s card uses the example I shared in the video for my background piece.
Admittedly, the colours are a little non-traditional, but looking around online and in stores, that’s a definite theme in decorating this year haha, so I went with it.
Here’s How I created the Spirited Snowmen in Tartan Card:
- Start with a 4-1/4 x 11 piece of Granny Apply Green card base, scored and folded at 5-1/2
- Nex, cut a mat in Crushed Curry 3-7/8 x 5-1/8
- Create the tartan design with the Buffalo Check Stamp and markers on a piece of Whisper White 5-1/2 x 8-1/2 (view the blog post and video here), and then cut it down to 3-3/4 x 5.
- Use Snail Adhesive to layer all of these to my card base.
- For the art piece – Stamp the snowmen in Memento Tuxedo Black ink on the piece of Whisper White 2-1/2 x 3-3/4.
- Colour the image in with Stampin Write Markers or Stampin Blends
- Run the art piece through the Big Shot Machine with the Softly Falling Embossing Folder to make it snow.
- Attach it to a Granny Apple Green mat 2-5/8 x 3-7/8
- Use a scrap of Crushed Curry and a small die from the Starlight Thinlits to create the star.
- I opted to place the sentiment on the inside of the card, keeping the front really clean.
You could use either your Stampin – Write Markers or your Stampin Blends to colour the images, and then create a tartan of your choice for your background, warning though, it’s super addicting creating those tartans haha, I admit to having a rather large stack of them so far.
If you enjoy my tutorials or use them in your Stampin Up business, please consider a $1.00 Donation here to help cover my blogging expenses. – Thank you.
I hope you enjoyed today’s project and thanks so much for stopping in to visit.