Sandi MacIver – Stampin with Sandi – Springtime Foils
Today I’m sharing cards created with NEW Designer Paper Springtime Foils. Today also marks the middle point of Sale-a-bration, Stampin’ Up!’s annual sale and to celebrate there is a NEW brochure, with NEW items for you to earn and guess what? This lovely Springtime Foils Specialty Designer Paper is one of those Items.
With all the pretty foil accents in Silver and Rose Gold, these cards are a little hard to photograph, LOL. I added Copper Foil for my mats and sentiments and coloured the floral images with my Stampin Blends.
There are 4 designs and 3 – 12 x 12 sheets of each in this Springtime Foils Gift. I’ve used 3 of them here today and have a couple more cards to share in upcoming posts.
How to Create Springtime Foils Card #1
- Start by colouring the floral image in Calypso Coral, Old Olive and Daffodil Delight and cut it out.
- Cut a Calypso Coral card base 4-1/4 x 11 and score and fold at 5-1/2
- Cut the Copper foil mat at 3-1/2 x 4-3/4 and the Springtime Foils designer paper at 3-3/8 x 4-5/8.
- Attach the two together and adhere to the card base.
- Cut a Calypso Coral band and stamp the two sentiments from Amazing You in Basic Black ink.
- Die cut the word “amazing” from a 2 x 4 strip of Copper Foil Sheet and use multi-purpose glue to attach it to the bottom of the band.
- Attach the band to the card front using multi-purpose glue (it gives you a second or two to get the piece on there straight).
- Use Dimensionals to attach the floral overlay.
How to create the Springtime Foils Card #2
- Cut a Thick Whisper White card base 5-1/2 x 8-1/2 and then score and fold at 4-1/4
- Cut a Copper Foil Sheet mat at 3-1/2 x 4-3/4 and a Designer Paper piece 3-3/8 x 4-5/8 (the dots design).
- Use a sponge brayer to add Calypso Coral ink over the surface of the designer paper.
- When dry, attach it to the mat.
- Cut a banner from Whisper White 1-1/2 x 3-3/8
- Cut the word “celebrate” from a 1-1/2 x 4 piece of Copper Foil Sheet and use multi-purpose glue to attach it to the right side of the Whisper White Banner.
- Cut a sliver off the end of the Copper Foil Sheet and glue it down as a border at the bottom of the Whisper White banner.
- Attach the banner to the card front.
- Use Dimensionals to attach another coloured and cut out flower
How to create the Springtime Foils Card #3
- Cut a Thick Whisper White card base 4-1/4 x 11, score and fold at 5-1/2
- Cut a Copper Foil Sheet mat 4 x 4 and the strips designer paper at 3-7/8 square. Attach the two together.
- Cut another piece of the Copper Foil Sheet 2 x 3-1/2. use the Banner Triple punch to flag tail one end.
- Place the banner inside the Petal Pair Embossing Folder and run it through the Big Shot.
- Attach it to the front of the designer paper and then attach the whole piece to the card base.
- Stamp the sentiment in Basic Black (sentiment is from Blossoming Basket – Another NEW Sale-a-bration item I’ll share next blog post).
- Colour and cut out flowers and leaves and attach them with Dimensionals to the front of the card.
Thanks so much for stopping to visit with me today. The products used in today’s cards are listed at the end of the post for you. Wishing you Happy Stamping.
For the Springtime Foils Cards: