Sandi MacIver – Stampin With Sandi – Springtime Impressions Inlaid Die Cutting
It’s Thursday and that means another Happy Stampers Blog Hop whoo hoo!
It’s colour challenge week and I am SO EXITED to finally be able to create something with the NEW Springtime Impressions Thinlets coming in the new catalogue.
These new dies cut like butter. I cut my design out of watercolor paper so that I could add my colour, and then inlay it back into the original piece.
Sandi’s Tips & Tricks for the Springtime Impressions Inlaid Die Cutting Card:
- I started with a 4-1/2 x 6-1/2 piece of watercolor paper and die cut the flowers and leaves on the left.
- I pulled out the die cut and water coloured it with the reinkers and aqua pen.
- For the background, I water coloured it in Smoky Slate before Black Embossing (yes – black embossing powder is returning – YEAH), the sentiment at the top. The sentiment is from another new set, Rooted in Nature.
- I used my heat tool to dry everything and then attached the background piece to a piece of Whisper White before gluing the water colored die cut piece back in.
- This is matted to a piece of Basic Black 4-5/8 x 6-5/8 and then attached to the Thick Whisper White card base 7 x 10, scored and folded at 5
- I cut the butterfly out of watercolor paper and added darker Berry Burst ink to him and a top coat of Wink of Stella before attaching him with glue dots.
- I embellished the background and flower centers with the Share What You Love Artisan Pearls.
- The finished card is 5 x 7 inches.
Now it’s time to hop over and see what my team mates have come up with for this week’s challenge. They are both very creative so I know you are going to love their projects. You can click on the Next button, or on the names below to visit their blogs:
Sandi MacIver – you are here
A PDF download for this card will be in my Free PDF Sunday post this coming Sunday.
I hope you enjoyed today’s project and thanks so much for stopping in to visit.
Wishing you Happy Stamping.