Hi Stampers, my share today is created with the Stampin Up Butterfly Basics for Techniques 101.
Techniques 101 is a new program I have started with my Stampin Up Demonstrator friends world wide. We have one Demonstrator from each country and the idea behind this series, is we are sharing basic stamping techniques for new stampers and showing you how to make simple and beautiful cards with minimal supplies (we know that is hard when you are first starting out). So if you are a new stamper, or new to Stampin Up we hope you will find these blog hops helpful.
Our first technique is “PUNCHES”, so here is my simple (10 minutes or less) project created with the Stampin Up Butterfly Basics Stamp set and the coordinating Bitty Butterfly Punch.
My card stock is simple, just three pieces and only two colors….Whisper White and Bermuda Bay
One thing I suggest to new stampers is pick a color family and collect it all, and then move on to the next. So I’m starting with the BRIGHTS family (Stampin Up has 4 color families)
I used two ink pads from the Brights Family – Old Olive and Bermuda Bay, plus StazOn Black (a staple – order one in your first order).
- Order one package of Thick Whisper White Card stock – it’s a great base for any card.
- Order the Card stock Sample Pack for the color family, 20 sheets of card stock, 2 on 10 colors
- See Page 138 of the current catalog to see what I mean, and I have links to my online store at the end of my post for you.
- You can also order the ink pads as an entire color family set and they come in a great storage box. I’ll link that below as well.
Sandi’s Tips & Tricks:
- Cut your card stock and score and fold the card base.
- Ink the fern stamp in the Old Olive ink, stamp the image 3 times without reinking – this is called the “stamped off” or “stamping off” technique – see how you get a lighter version of the image each time
- Stamp the sentiment in StazOn Black in the top left of the art piece.
- Grab a small scrap of Whisper White, about 1 x 5, and stamp the small butterfly three times in Bermuda Bay – TIP – leave enough space in between each one to punch them out.
- Next, take the Bitty Butterfly Punch, slide the lock to open it, turn it upside down and slide your strip of butterflies into it until you can see the butterfly in the punch (as in the picture above). Line it up so it’s even on all sides and squeeze the punch together, it will cut the butterfly out for you…..”wasn’t that fun – I LOVE punches”….
- Use Snail Adhesive to attach your card pieces together, then use glue dots to attach the butterflies.
- If you budget allows, order a package of embellishments – Basic Rhinestones is a great choice, they are colorless so they go with everything, and a great little bling additional to almost any stamped image.
I only used three of the small Rhinestones, as a head for each of the butterflies…..
So there you go, a simple, but pretty card in 10 minutes or less with minimal supplies…
And now it’s time to hop and see what the rest of the Design Team has chosen for our Punch Challenge for this month:
Click the “next blog” button to head to Patrice’s blog and if you get lost, here is a list of all the participants below: simply click on their names to visit their blogs.
France Poitras Martin – USA
Sandi MacIver – Canada (you are here)
Patrice Halliday-Larsen – New Zealand
Leonie Schroder – Australia
Erna Logtenberg – Netherlands
Heike Vass – Germany
Michelle Last – UK
Thanks so much for visiting me today and if you would like to order the supplies to create the Stampin Up Butterfly Basics for Techniques 101 card: simply click on the “shop with me” button below, I would be most happy to be your demonstrator.
You can find the card recipe and product list for today’s project at the end of this post.
Want a NEW 2016 – 2017 CANADIAN STAMPIN UP Annual Catalog mailed to you in May?
- If you live in Canada and have ordered from me in the past two months, you are already on my mailing list.
- If you are not a customer of mine and would like a catalog, simply place a $50. or higher order through my online store or in personal and I’ll mail you a catalog.
- E-Mail Me if you have any questions.
click here for more details, or E-mail me I would be most happy to answer any questions you may have and help you get signed up. My Team are spread across Canada and we would love to have you join us.
Visit the NEW Retired Products List for some great deals up to 50% Off.
CLICK HERE to view in my online store.
Want more card ideas? Check out my Stampin Up Video Library over on You Tube – Subscribe and you will get notification each time I load a New Video
Are you new to stamping? If so, sign up for our newsletter and receive the Stamping 101 Video course. Every couple of days we will send you a new video right to your inbox: explaining a Stamping Basic. You will find the button over on my right sidebar of my blog here:
Place your orders through me and automatically become a member of my Exclusive Corgi Rewards Club to earn FREE stamps and a FREE Online Video Stamping Class
When you shop with me online or in person, you earn Corgi Rewards towards free Stamps.
Add the Monthly Host Code: May – 6GT9Y7ZP – (Canada Only) and earn an additional gift
- Place this code into your orders of $50. or more to earn a free gift * See my Corgi Rewards page for more details:
- For orders over $200. please do not use this code as you will receive your own Host Rewards, you will still earn the free gift.
View the details of my Corgi Rewards Program Here:
- Card Base: Thick Whisper White 4-1/4 x 11, score and fold at 5-1/2
- Art Piece: Whisper White 3-5/8 x 4-7/8
- Mat: Bermuda Bay 3=3/4 x 5
Supply List for the Stampin Up Butterfly Basics for Techniques 101 card: