Hi card making friends, my share today is created with the Stampin Up Butterfly Basics.
The technique is “PUNCHES”, so here is my simple (10 minutes to WOW) project created with the Stampin Up Butterfly Basics Stamp set and the coordinating Bitty Butterfly Punch.
My card stock is simple, just three pieces and only two colors….Whisper White and Bermuda Bay
One thing I suggest to new stampers is pick a color family and collect it all, and then move on to the next. Here I’m using the “BRIGHTS” family.
I used two ink pads from the Brights Family – Old Olive and Bermuda Bay, plus Stazon Black, a staple – order one in your first order).
- Order one package of Thick Whisper White Card stock – it’s a great base for any card.
- Order the Card stock Sample Pack for the color family, 20 sheets of card stock, 2 on 10 colors
- See Page 138 of the current catalog to see what I mean, and I have links to my online store at the end of my post for you.
- You can also order the ink pads as an entire color family set and they come in a great storage box. I’ll link that below as well.
Sandi’s Tips & Tricks:
- Cut your card stock and score and fold the card base.
- Ink the fern stamp in the Old Olive ink, stamp the image 3 times without reinking – this is called the “stamped off” or “stamping off” technique – see how you get a lighter version of the image each time
- Stamp the sentiment in StazOn Black in the top left of the art piece.
- Grab a small scrap of Whisper White, about 1 x 5, and stamp the small butterfly three times in Bermuda Bay – TIP – leave enough space in between each one to punch them out.
- Next, take the Bitty Butterfly Punch, slide the lock to open it, turn it upside down and slide your strip of butterflies into it until you can see the butterfly in the punch (as in the picture above). Line it up so it’s even on all sides and squeeze the punch together, it will cut the butterfly out for you…..”wasn’t that fun – I LOVE punches”….
- Use Snail Adhesive to attach your card pieces together, then use glue dots to attach the butterflies.
- If you budget allows, order a package of embellishments – Basic Rhinestones is a great choice, they are colorless so they go with everything, and a great little bling additional to almost any stamped image.
I only used three of the small Rhinestones, as a head for each of the butterflies…..
So there you go, a simple, but pretty card in 10 minutes or less with minimal supplies…
- Card Base: Thick Whisper White 4-1/4 x 11, score and fold at 5-1/2
- Art Piece: Whisper White 3-5/8 x 4-7/8
- Mat: Bermuda Bay 3=3/4 x 5
Thanks so much for visiting me today, I hope you enjoyed the projects.