Hi card making friends, I have a little Stampin Up Fabulous Flora Sneak Peek for you today this Stamp Set is one of the new Host Sets in the upcoming Stampin Up Annual Catalog, and boy do I love it.
My card is created with the Sponged Background Technique.
Sandi’s Tips & Tricks.
- Create a Mask for the top, bottom and left side of your art piece. Post It Note Tape works really well, or some scraps of card stock work too.
- Use Sponges in a circular motion to add the ink to the card stock. I used Bermuda Bay, Lost Lagoon and Mint Macaron
- Stamp the outline image in Black (both StazOn and Memento ink would work).
- Stamp your sentiment.
- Add a second layer of masking 1/2 inch in on the side and bottom and sponge more Bermuda Bay into these two spots, this adds an additional frame inside the sponged area.
- TIP – I like to start with a 4-1/4 x 5-1/2 piece of Whisper White and then trim it down to 3-7/8 x 5-1/8, then I don’t have to worry that my edges are completely lined up with the masking.
- Use Dimensionals to attach the art piece to a card base. For this one I used Blackberry Bliss
Hope you enjoyed my share today. Flat, artsy cards are very in style right now and I’m sure having fun playing with them – how about you?
- Card Base: Blackberry Bliss 4-1/4 x 11, score and fold at 5-1/2
- Art Piece: Thick Whisper White 4-1/4 x 5-1/2 trim down to 3-7/8 x 5-1/8
Thanks so much for visiting me today, I hope you enjoyed the projects.