Hi Stampers, I have a little Stampin Up Fabulous Flora Sneak Peek for you today this Stamp Set is one of the new Host Sets in the upcoming Stampin Up Annual Catalog, and boy do I love it.
My card is created with the Sponged Background Technique and is the challenge technique for the coming week over at Stamping and Blogging. I used another image from this stamp set for the video tutorial over there.
Along with a few different colors. If you are a Stamping and Blogging Member – sign in to the site, the video will be loaded by Noon today along with the One Sheet Wonders for both the cards.
Sandi’s Tips & Tricks.
- Create a Mask for the top, bottom and left side of your art piece. Post It Note Tape works really well, or some scraps of card stock work too.
- Use Sponges in a circular motion to add the ink to the card stock. I used Bermuda Bay, Lost Lagoon and Mint Macaron
- Stamp the outline image in Black (both StazOn and Memento ink would work).
- Stamp your sentiment.
- Add a second layer of masking 1/2 inch in on the side and bottom and sponge more Bermuda Bay into these two spots, this adds an additional frame inside the sponged area.
- TIP – I like to start with a 4-1/4 x 5-1/2 piece of Whisper White and then trim it down to 3-7/8 x 5-1/8, then I don’t have to worry that my edges are completely lined up with the masking.
- Use Dimensionals to attach the art piece to a card base. For this one I used Blackberry Bliss
Hope you enjoyed my share today. Flat, artsy cards are very in style right now and I’m sure having fun playing with them – how about you?
Don’t forget to pop over to my buddy Heather’s blog and see what she created with the Sponged Background Challenge for this week – her cards are always super lovely
Thanks so much for visiting me today if you need to order Stampin Up Supplies I would love to be your demonstrator, simply click on the “shop with me” button below. If you live in Canada, would like one of the new catalogs and plan on placing your future orders through me, please e-mail me with your contact info and I’ll get a NEW catalog out in the mail to you. If you already have a demonstrator – please ask them for a new catalog.
You can find the card recipe and product list for today’s project at the end of this post.
Want a NEW 2016 – 2017 CANADIAN STAMPIN UP Annual Catalog mailed to you in May?
- If you live in Canada and have ordered from me in the past two months, you are already on my mailing list.
- If you are not a customer of mine and would like a catalog, simply place a $50. or higher order through my online store or in personal and I’ll mail you a catalog.
- E-Mail Me if you have any questions.
click here for more details, or E-mail me I would be most happy to answer any questions you may have and help you get signed up. My Team are spread across Canada and we would love to have you join us.
Join in May and fill your started kit with Items from the New Catalog Pre-order list – ask me how.
Visit the NEW Retired Products List for some great deals up to 50% Off.
CLICK HERE to view in my online store.
Want more card ideas? Check out my Stampin Up Video Library over on You Tube – Subscribe and you will get notification each time I load a New Video
Are you new to stamping? If so, sign up for our newsletter and receive the Stamping 101 Video course. Every couple of days we will send you a new video right to your inbox: explaining a Stamping Basic. You will find the button over on my right sidebar of my blog here:
Place your orders through me and automatically become a member of my Exclusive Corgi Rewards Club to earn FREE stamps and a FREE Online Video Stamping Class
When you shop with me online or in person, you earn Corgi Rewards towards free Stamps.
Add the Monthly Host Code: May – 6GT9Y7ZP – (Canada Only) and earn an additional gift
- Place this code into your orders of $50. or more to earn a free gift * See my Corgi Rewards page for more details:
- For orders over $200. please do not use this code as you will receive your own Host Rewards, you will still earn the free gift.
View the details of my Corgi Rewards Program Here:
- Card Base: Blackberry Bliss 4-1/4 x 11, score and fold at 5-1/2
- Art Piece: Thick Whisper White 4-1/4 x 5-1/2 trim down to 3-7/8 x 5-1/8
Supply List for the Stampin Up Garden in Bloom and the Floating Reinker Technique: