Hi cardmaking friends, my share today is created with the Stampin Up Falling Flowers for today’s Happy Stamper’s Blog Hop
this week we have a sketch challenge for you:
and here is what I decided to do with it.
I have not played with the new Falling Flowers Stamp Set yet or the Irresistibly Floral Specialty Designer Paper so it was the perfect opportunity to combine them both into one card. Then of course I had to throw in the coordinating May Flowers Framelits for good measure.
Sandi’s Tips & Tricks:
- Use a Sponge in a circular motion to add Pool Party Ink to the piece of Irresistibly Floral Specialty Designer Paper.
- Mat the designer paper to a piece of Pool Party card stock before attaching it to a Thick Whisper White card base.
- Stamp the larger flower twice in Sweet Sugarplum ink onto the Sugarplum card stock
- Stamp the medium flower in Daffodil Delight Ink onto the piece of Daffodil Delight card stock.
- Use the coordinating dies to cut all 4 flowers out and two leaves from the piece of Pear Pizzazz card stock.
- Take one of the Sweet Sugarplum flowers and cut out just the center part and use a Dimensional to layer it on top of the first for a 3-d effect.
- Cut a strip of Whisper White and then use the Sweet Sugarplum ink and the “thanks” from the Crazy About You stamp set and stamp it repeatedly across the strip before attaching it to the card front.
- Use Dimensionals and Glue Dots to attach the flowers and leaves
- Embellish with some Basic Pearls.
Now it’s time to go and see what the rest of the Happy Stampers Designers have come up with for this week’s challenge.
Click the button below to Hop on over to Amy Koenders
If you get lost along the way, here is a list of everyone involved in the hop today
Sandi MacIver – (you are here)
Card Base: Thick Whisper White 5-1/2 x 8-1/2 score and fold at 4-1/4 – Pool Party 3-5/8 x 5-3/8, Irresistibly Floral Specialty Designer Paper 3-1/2 x 5-1/4
Flowers: Sweet Sugarplum 2 x 4, Daffodil Delight 2 x 4
Leaves: Pear Pizzazz 1-1/4 x 3
Sentiment: Whisper White 1/2 x 5
Thanks so much for visiting me today, I hope you enjoyed the projects.