Hi card making friends my share today is created with the Stampin Up Flourishing Phrases for this weeks Happy Stamper’s Blog Hop.
Actually it’s the Flourishing Phrases Bundle, as I only used the Flourish Thinlits, no stamping on this card at all!
This weeks Happy Stampers Blog Hop is another sketch challenge:
so here is our starting point, and here is what I finally decided on for my card:
I started out with crumb cake and basic black, haha….no crumb cake in sight now!
Sandi’s Tips & Tricks:
- Die cut the circle out of the Bermuda Bay background piece before embossing it with the Petal Burst Embossing Folder.
- Die cut the large flourish twice and use Multipurpose Glue to attach it to the card front, trimming off anything that goes into the circle.
- Adhere the Bermuda Bay piece to the Basic Black card base.
- Cut the strip of Gold and Die cut it before attaching it to the card with Dimensionals.
- Save the gold die cut to be used on the inside of the card.
- Die cut the medium sized flower also in Bermuda Bay and glue it partially onto the gold piece.
- Cut a piece of Bermuda Bay 4 x 5-1/4 and Whisper White 3-7/8 x 5-1/8 layer and attach to the inside of the card, add a couple of die cuts:
I left the inside blank for the moment however, the coordinating stamp set has some beautiful sentiments that would be perfect for the inside once I decide who to send this card to.
Now it’s time to go and see what the rest of the Happy Stampers Designers have come up with for this week’s challenge.
Click the button below to Hop on over to Amy Koenders
If you get lost along the way, here is a list of everyone involved in the hop today
Sandi MacIver – (you are here)
Card Recipe for the Stampin Up Flourishing Phrases card:
- Card Base: Basic Black 4-1/4 x 11, score and fold at 5-1/2
- Card Front: Bermuda Bay 4 x 5-1/4
- Flourishes: Basic Black 4-1/4 x 11
- Gold Foil Sheet: 1-1/2 x 3-1/2
- Flower: Bermuda Bay 2 x 2
Thanks so much for visiting me today, I hope you enjoyed the projects.