Hi card making friends, I have a very special post for you today: Stampin Up Flower Shop Support for Autism Card. April is National Autism Awareness Month.
Many of my Stampin Up friends are in a Support for Autism Blog Hop today, and I was unable to sign up by the deadline as I didn’t know what stage my recovery would be. Turns out, I can post a card today, and while I’m not in the official hop, my dear friend Amy Koenders is and Amy has a beautiful daughter with autism so I wanted to show support and I’m providing a link to Amy’s Blog so that you can hop over and do the hop with everyone else as well.
My card ended up being very abstract and I took my inspiration from the Autism banner above the colors represent: Orange – Awareness, Red – Action, Yellow – Inclusion, Blue – Acceptance and Green – Appreciation.
Sandi’s Tips and Tricks:
- I repeating the 5 colored circles in the banner which I first cut out with my Circle Framelits and then I stamped around the circles with the splatter stamp from timeless Textures.
- I then stamped a few leaves from the Garden In Bloom Stamp Set.
- Next I was going to place circles of colored card stock behind this, but it was too solid.
- so I cut another piece of Whisper White 3-3/4 x 5 – the same size as the circles piece, placed tiny pencil marks on each side of the circle and used the barn wood style stamp from Timeless Textures to stamp the colors so they would show through the die cut circles.
- I used Multipurpose Glue to attach these two pieces together as the glue doesn’t dry instantly so you have a few minutes to move the card stock around and line it up perfectly.
- Next I stamped, colored and punched out flowers from Flower Shop and Petite Petals stamp sets to add as highlights, and the two tiny flowers are punched from colored card stock with the Itty Bitty Accents Punch.
- The piece was then layered to a piece of Daffodil Delight to mat it before being attached to a piece of thick Whisper White.
- I covered the little flowers with Clear Wink of Stella for some added bling
- and added a few pearls for embellishments.
That’s my share for today, so I hope you will hop over to Amy Koenders blog now to see the card she created for the hop and she has the list of blog hoppers too along with a Donation button if you are so inclined; and I hope you will. Every little bit helps and it’s for a very worthy cause.
- Card Base: Thick Whisper White 4-1/4 x 11, score and fold at 5-1/2
- Mat: Daffodil Delight 3-7/8 x 5-1/8
- Art Piece: Whisper White 3-3/4 x 5 (2 pieces)
- Flowers: Whisper White 4-1/4 x 5-1/2
Thanks so much for visiting me today, I hope you enjoyed the projects.