Hi stampers, my share today is the Stampin Up Happy Home Window Card for our weekly Happy Stampers Blog Hop
Our Challenge for this week is a colour challenge:
and here is what I decided to do with it: (I confess, Rose Red and Garden Green are not my favorite S.U. colors, so I have been procrastinating about this card until the VERY LAST MINUTE…..LOL And I just wanted to say, the Happy Home Stamp Set (and bundle) are retiring, but the Hearth & Home Thinlits have moved to the new catalog….which leaves me to believe that there must be another awesome stamp set coming to go with it in the Fall and Winter Catalog yeah!…
But you can still order the Bundle NOW and Save 15%
Sandi’s Tips & Tricks:
- First I needed some wallpaper for the background of my card, so I inked up the Brushstrokes background stamp with Crumb Cake Ink and placed a piece of Whisper White card stock over it…
- Next I used the “Direct to Rubber” technique and I coloured the stamp with the markers, huffed on it with my breath to moisten it again and stamped it onto a piece of watercolour paper. Once the ink was dry, I used a damp Aqua Painter, and ran it over the tree to blend the ink a bit, then using the Garden Green Ink Pad lid, I added some light green to the grassy image.
- Next I die cut the window from Thick Whisper White, used the inside of the window and a pencil to mark where to cut out the window in my “wallpaper” piece.
- Next I adhered the water coloured image to the back of the wallpaper piece before attaching it to my card base.
- Then I attached the”window” with Dimensionals to pop it up just a bit.
- I wanted my flowers a little “water coloury” too, so instead of punching them from a piece of Rose Red, I grabbed a scrap of watercolour paper, coloured it with my ink pad lid and aqua painter and when dry, used my Itty Bitty Accents flower punch to punch them out.
WARNING – sadly, this Itty Bitty Punch set is on the retired list – it’s a staple in my stamping and card making, so I ordered a spare, just a heads up!…
- For the leaves I used the Bird Builder Punch and a scrap of Garden Green.
- and here is where I cheated on the colour challenge, haha…I used a scrap of the Corrugated Paper in (Kraft) GASP!…because I wanted the texture for my window box….I attached it with Dimensionals so it popped up a bit too.
- I added the leaves and flowers with glue dots and embellished the flower centers with medium sized Basic Pearls!
Click the button below to Hop on over to Amy Koenders
If you get lost along the way, here is a list of everyone involved in the hop today
Sandi MacIver – (you are here)
Thanks so much for visiting me today and if you would like to order the supplies to create the Stampin Up Happy Home Window Card, simply click on the “shop with me” button below, I would be most happy to be your demonstrator.
You can find the card recipe and product list for today’s project at the end of this post.
Want a NEW 2016 – 2017 CANADIAN STAMPIN UP Annual Catalog mailed to you in May?
- If you live in Canada and have ordered from me in the past two months, you are already on my mailing list.
- If you are not a customer of mine and would like a catalog, simply place a $50. or higher order through my online store or in personal and I’ll mail you a catalog.
- E-Mail Me if you have any questions.
click here for more details, or E-mail me I would be most happy to answer any questions you may have and help you get signed up. My Team are spread across Canada and we would love to have you join us.
Visit the NEW Retired Products List for some great deals up to 50% Off.
CLICK HERE to view in my online store.
Want more card ideas? Check out my Stampin Up Video Library over on You Tube – Subscribe and you will get notification each time I load a New Video
Are you new to stamping? If so, sign up for our newsletter and receive the Stamping 101 Video course. Every couple of days we will send you a new video right to your inbox: explaining a Stamping Basic. You will find the button over on my right sidebar of my blog here:
Place your orders through me and automatically become a member of my Exclusive Corgi Rewards Club to earn FREE stamps and a FREE Online Video Stamping Class
When you shop with me online or in person, you earn Corgi Rewards towards free Stamps.
Add the Monthly Host Code: May – 6GT9Y7ZP – (Canada Only) and earn an additional gift
- Place this code into your orders of $50. or more to earn a free gift * See my Corgi Rewards page for more details:
- For orders over $200. please do not use this code as you will receive your own Host Rewards, you will still earn the free gift.
View the details of my Corgi Rewards Program Here:
- Card Base: Crumb Cake 4-1/4 x 11, score and fold at 5-1/2 – Card front “wallpaper” Whisper White 4 x 5-1/4
- Window: Thick Whisper White 3 x 4
- Watercolour Paper for the scene 3-3/4 x 4
- Flowers: Scrap of watercolour paper
- Leaves: Scrap of Garden Green
Supplies used to create the Stampin Up Happy Home Window Card