Hi card making friends, my share today is a Stampin Up Helping Me Grow Breast Cancer Card for a friend who had surgery yesterday.
I was playing with the Helping me Grow Stamp set and originally I just stamped the daisies onto a piece of watercolor paper and colored them with my Aqua Painter, but then I decided that a cool black and white background might be a bit different.
I absolutely LOVE how this turned out, and I think she will really like it too.
Sandi’s Tips & Tricks:
- I heat embossed the flower image with White Embossing Powder onto the Basic Black card stock.
- I used the Curvy Corner Trio Punch to add a little flair to the top right corner
- I stamped the daisy in StazOn Black onto 90 pound water color paper and using ink pad lids and my Aqua Painter, I water colored the image. When it was dry, I fussy cut it out.
- I layered the black piece to a Melon Mambo piece before attaching it to the Thick Whisper White card base.
- I used Dimensionals to add the daisy before tying a piece of the Melon Mambo 3/8″ Stitched Satin Ribbon around the bottom of the card.
- Lastly, I used a little Clear Wink of Stella over the white floral image, just to add a little pop.
I found the sentiment I wanted for the inside of the card in the Rose Wonder Stamp Set.
I have recently been the recipient of MANY beautiful hand made cards from my friends and Stampin Up family, I truly know how you feel when you open a card like this when you are going through probably one of the worst times in your life. Knowing that you have friends who care and are praying for your return to health, warms you and gives you strength and hope – my wish is that you will case this card and send it to someone who may need a little uplifting. Just say hi, tell them they are being thought of and prayed for…it’s a little thing, but it’s also a really BIG thing too!.
- Card Base: Thick Whisper White 4-1/4 x 11
- Mat: Melon Mambo, 4 x 5-1/4
- Art Piece: Watercolor paper 4 x 5-1/4 –
Thanks so much for visiting me today, I hope you enjoyed the projects.