Hi card making friends, my share today is created with the Stampin Up Merry Mice stamp set for the Stamping Techniques 101 blog hop.
This week the challenge is to create a simple card using the Aqua Painter and Ink pad lids so here is my go at it:
These little mice are from the Merry Mice Stamp Set found on page 23 of the Stampin’ Up! Holiday Catalog. 3 great images and 3 sentiments in one stamp set whoo hoo.
Sandi’s Tips & Tricks:
- Stamp the image with StazOn Black onto a piece of watercolour paper
- Squeeze the center of the ink pads together to transfer some ink to the lid, then open them part way so the lid is exposed.
- Use the Aqua painter to pick up some of the ink and paint your image.
TIP – don’t paint right beside something that is still wet or the ink will run.
To change colors, simply wipe the tip of your aqua painter on a paper towel until it runs clean
- paint in layers, the first layer will be light, you can go back over it a second time to add more ink.
- When the picture is completely dry, use a light gray or brown to add a little shadow under the mice
- When you are finished colouring, die cut the art piece with the Lots of Labels Framelits.
- Use the Crumb Cake card stock to die cut a mat one framelit larger than the art piece.
- Before you attach the art piece, use the StazOn Black to stamp stars on the card base from the bottom left corner to the top right corner.
- Create a bow with the Gold Baker’s Twine and attach on the left side of the art piece.
This is a super fun and relaxing technique hope you will give it a go!
And now it’s time to hop and see what the rest of the Design Team has created for our Aqua Painter Challenge for this month:
Click the “next blog” button to head to Patrice’s blog and if you get lost, here is a list of all the participants below: simply click on their names to visit their blogs.
France Poitras Martin – USA
Sandi MacIver – Canada (you are here)
Patrice Halliday-Larsen – New Zealand
Leonie Schroder – Australia
Erna Logtenberg – Netherlands – not playing this week
Heike Vass – Germany
Michelle Last – UK
Sonia Benedetti – France
Card Base: Island Indigo 5-1/2 x 8-1/2 – score and fold at 4-1/4
Mat: Crumb Cake 3 1/2 x x 5
Art Piece: Watercolor paper 3 x 4-1/2
Thanks so much for visiting me today, I hope you enjoyed the projects.