Hi stamping friends, I have a new share for you today created with the Stampin Up Suite Sayings for Happy Stampers Blog Hop this week.
This week we are back to a sketch challenge
and here is what I decided to do with it…this started off as a quick 10 or less card!…haha….you know what they say about the best made plans!
I found a few other goodies to add to my card….LOL.
Sandi’s Tips and Tricks…
- I chose Designer Paper first that determined my colors.
- because of the panel in the sketch, I decided a sentiment would be appropriate and I have been loving on this Stampin Up Suite Sayings stamp set all week, so out it came again.
- This time, I colored the ink with my markers to achieve the two colors
- I used Blushing Bride and Old Olive Markers and colored right on the stamp, this is called the “direct to rubber” technique.
- Next I chose other designs from the same Designer Paper stack to compliment my base design, so the striped cross piece worked well.
- I added a Gold Metallic Foil Doily for the bottom element, and at this point I was still within my 10 minutes or less, BUT – the card looked so NAKED!.
- So I die cut some flowers and leaves with the Bontanical Builders Framelits, and I added the Expressions Natural Elements “the Celebrate word in wood”…
- The final touch was some wrapped Gold Metallic Thread behind the larger flower and a couple of large Rhinestones……
I had someone in mind for this card, Marilyn, the dear sweet friend of my Mother in Law, who has been showering me with lovely hand made hats, she is such a treasure and a blessing to me, and I wanted to “celebrate” her….thank you Marilyn.
Now it’s time to go and see what the rest of the Happy Stampers Designers have come up with for this week’s challenge.
Click the button below to Hop on over to Amy Koenders
If you get lost along the way, here is a list of everyone involved in the hop today
Sandi MacIver – Canada (you are here)
Amy Koenders – USA
Shelagh Freemantle – Canada
Mary Deatherage – USA
Jari Francis – USA
Kristi Gray – USA
Heather Wright-Porto – USA
Thanks so much for visiting me today and if you would like to order the supplies to create the Stampin Up Suite Sayings for Happy Stampers card, simply click on the “shop with me” button below, I would be most happy to be your demonstrator.
You can find the card recipe and product list for the Stampin Up Suite Sayings for Happy Stampers Card at the end of this post.
click here for more details, or E-mail me I would be most happy to answer any questions you may have and help you get signed up. My team is spread across Canada and we would love to have you join us!.
Want more card ideas? Check out my Stampin Up Video Library over on You Tube
Check out the very last week of WEEKLY Deals – they are going out with a bang.
You can view the products available at 25% off this week – here in my Online Store
Place your orders through me and automatically become a member of my Exclusive Corgi Rewards Club to earn FREE stamps and a FREE Online Video Stamping Class
When you shop with me online or in person, you earn Corgi Rewards towards free Stamps.
Add the Monthly Host Code: April – VBV7PG6V – (Canada Only) and earn an additional gift
- Place this code into your orders of $50. or more to earn a free gift * See my Corgi Rewards page for more details:
- For orders over $200. please do not use this code as you will receive your own Host Rewards, you will still earn the free gift.
View the details of my Corgi Rewards Program Here:
- Card Base: Old Olive 5-1/2 x 8-1/2 score and fold at 4-1/4, Hello Honey Mat 4 x 5-1/4, English Garden Designer Paper 3-7/8 x 5-1/8
- Art Piece: Whisper White 2 x 2-1/2, Old Olive Mat 2-1/8 x 2 x 5/8
- Cross Piece English Garden Designer Paper 1 x 4, Old Olive Mat 1-1/8 x 4
- Flower: Blushing Bride 2 x 6
- Leaves: Old Olive 3 x 4
Supplies used to create the Stampin Up Suite Sayings for Happy Stampers Card: