Hi card making friends, I have a new share for you today created with the Stampin Up Suite Sayings.
This week we are back to a sketch challenge
and here is what I decided to do with it…this started off as a quick 10 or less card!…haha….you know what they say about the best made plans!
I found a few other goodies to add to my card….LOL.
Sandi’s Tips and Tricks…
- I chose Designer Paper first that determined my colors.
- because of the panel in the sketch, I decided a sentiment would be appropriate and I have been loving on this Stampin Up Suite Sayings stamp set all week, so out it came again.
- This time, I colored the ink with my markers to achieve the two colors
- I used Blushing Bride and Old Olive Markers and colored right on the stamp, this is called the “direct to rubber” technique.
- Next I chose other designs from the same Designer Paper stack to compliment my base design, so the striped cross piece worked well.
- I added a Gold Metallic Foil Doily for the bottom element, and at this point I was still within my 10 minutes or less, BUT – the card looked so NAKED!.
- So I die cut some flowers and leaves with the Bontanical Builders Framelits, and I added the Expressions Natural Elements “the Celebrate word in wood”…
- The final touch was some wrapped Gold Metallic Thread behind the larger flower and a couple of large Rhinestones……
I had someone in mind for this card, Marilyn, the dear sweet friend of my Mother in Law, who has been showering me with lovely hand made hats, she is such a treasure and a blessing to me, and I wanted to “celebrate” her….thank you Marilyn.
- Card Base: Old Olive 5-1/2 x 8-1/2 score and fold at 4-1/4, Hello Honey Mat 4 x 5-1/4, English Garden Designer Paper 3-7/8 x 5-1/8
- Art Piece: Whisper White 2 x 2-1/2, Old Olive Mat 2-1/8 x 2 x 5/8
- Cross Piece English Garden Designer Paper 1 x 4, Old Olive Mat 1-1/8 x 4
- Flower: Blushing Bride 2 x 6
- Leaves: Old Olive 3 x 4Supplies used to create the Stampin Up Suite Sayings for Happy Stampers Card:
Thanks so much for visiting me today, I hope you enjoyed the projects.