Hi card making friends, today’s share is created with the Stampin Up All Ye Faithful and another quick and easy Christmas cards.
Our challenge this week is a color Challenge
Plus I had a stamping friend who asked if I would make some religious cards and share them on my blog…..so here we are with the Stampin Up All Ye Faithful Stamp Set and the Embossed Resist Technique….this is a little tricky, not hard, just tricky:
Sandi’s Tips & Tricks for the Stampin Up All Ye Faithful card:
- Stamp the image on the white card stock with VersaMark Ink, cover with black embossing powder, shake off excess and heat set.
- Use the Ink Pad lids and an aqua painter to paint the shepherd. leave the lambs white.
- When the paint is dry, color the shepherd and the lambs with a VersaMark Marker (retired Stampin Up product and you can buy them online). Cover with clear embossing powder, shake off excess and heat set.
- Let the embossing cool for a second and then in a circular motion, add Sky Blue ink with a sponge.
- Next, add the Night of Navy ink also in a circular motion with a sponge – don’t go out as far as the Soft Sky so that you can still see it.
- Use a craft knife to cut a star in the top right corner of the art piece.
- Use the Big Shot and the Sleigh Ride Edgelits to cut a piece of Whisper White for the foreground. Stamp this with the sentiment in Night of Navy.
- Use Snail Adhesive or Fast Fuse to attach the die cut to the bottom of the art piece.
- Use Fast Fuse to attach the art piece to the Silver Glimmer Paper Mat. TIP – Snail will not hold this on as the glimmer paper is very lumpy.
- Use Fast Fuse again to attach this piece to the Night of Navy Card base.
- Cut a 4 x 5-1/4 piece of Whisper White for the inside of the card.
- Place a small rhinestone in the center of the star
- Squeeze some “wink of stella” (coming in the spring catalog), into your palm, and flick it onto the sky to look like snow!.
- Card Base: Night of Navy 5-1/2 x 8-1/2 score and fold at 4-1/4
- Mat: Silver Glimmer Paper 3-7/8 x 5-1/8
- Art Piece: Whisper White 3-3/4 x 5
- Foreground: Whisper White 3 x 5 – die cut with the trees Edgelit from Sleigh Ride
Thanks so much for visiting me today, I hope you enjoyed the projects.