Hi Stampers, today’s share is created with the Stampin Up All Ye Faithful our our weekly Happy Stampers Blog Hop.
Our challenge this week is a color Challenge
Want to Play Along with our Weekly Challenges: – come and join the fun in my new Stampin with Sandi Hangout over on Facebook – it’s a public group – just ask to join, I check it 3-4 times a day, so I’ll approve you as soon as I see your request. You can load your cards and Play along with us:
Plus I had a stamping friend who asked if I would make some religious cards and share them on my blog…..so here we are with the Stampin Up All Ye Faithful Stamp Set and the Embossed Resist Technique….this is a little tricky, not hard, just tricky:
Sandi’s Tips & Tricks:
- Stamp the image on the white card stock with VersaMark Ink, cover with black embossing powder, shake off excess and heat set.
- Use the Ink Pad lids and an aqua painter to paint the shepherd. leave the lambs white.
- When the paint is dry, color the shepherd and the lambs with a VersaMark Marker (retired Stampin Up product and you can buy them online). Cover with clear embossing powder, shake off excess and heat set.
- Let the embossing cool for a second and then in a circular motion, add Sky Blue ink with a sponge.
- Next, add the Night of Navy ink also in a circular motion with a sponge – don’t go out as far as the Soft Sky so that you can still see it.
- Use a craft knife to cut a star in the top right corner of the art piece.
- Use the Big Shot and the Sleigh Ride Edgelits to cut a piece of Whisper White for the foreground. Stamp this with the sentiment in Night of Navy.
- Use Snail Adhesive or Fast Fuse to attach the die cut to the bottom of the art piece.
- Use Fast Fuse to attach the art piece to the Silver Glimmer Paper Mat. TIP – Snail will not hold this on as the glimmer paper is very lumpy.
- Use Fast Fuse again to attach this piece to the Night of Navy Card base.
- Cut a 4 x 5-1/4 piece of Whisper White for the inside of the card.
- Place a small rhinestone in the center of the star
- Squeeze some “wink of stella” (coming in the spring catalog), into your palm, and flick it onto the sky to look like snow!.
- Card Base: Night of Navy 5-1/2 x 8-1/2 score and fold at 4-1/4
- Mat: Silver Glimmer Paper 3-7/8 x 5-1/8
- Art Piece: Whisper White 3-3/4 x 5
- Foreground: Whisper White 3 x 5 – die cut with the trees Edgelit from Sleigh Ride
Now it’s time to go and see what the rest of the Happy Stampers Designers have come up with for this week’s color challenge.
Thinking about joining Stampin UP? Sign up under any of these amazing ladies and become part of our team.
Click the button below to Hop on over to Amy Koenders
If you get lost along the way, here is a list of everyone involved in the hop today
Sandi MacIver – (you are here)
Products used to create the Stampin Up All Ye Faithful card:
Thanks so much for stopping in to visit me today: I hope you enjoyed my Stampin Up All Ye Faithful card share and if you need products to create it – I would love to be your demonstrator, simply use my “shop with me” button below, or contact me and I would be happy to place your order for you.
December Hostess Code: CANADA – 4YNXMNBN
When you shop with me online or in person, you earn Corgi Rewards which you can redeem for FREE Stampin Up products.