Hi card making friends, I have a little Stampin Up Apple of my Eye – Sneak Peek for you today and they are also all 10 or Less cards (made in 10 minutes or less).
I spent the weekend getting the traditional Christmas Baking done. We did the Christmas Cakes a few weeks ago when my in-laws were visiting, yesterday it was Nanaimo Bars. (I shared pictures on Facebook and was asked for the recipe, so it’s below for you, Butter Tarts, and Pecan Tarts – also below for you. The house smelled amazing. The deal is in our house, I make all the yummy goodies, and Ian offers to do the dishes – Yeah!….so, while he was washing up, I came downstairs to play with some of my new Sneak Peek products from the Upcoming Stampin’ Up! Spring Occasions Catalog.
So, here is a little fun with the new Stampin Up Apple of my Eye stamp set. As I said, it’s another new stamp set from the upcoming Stampin Up Spring Occasions Catalog, and it’s full of fruity funness!. (I don’t think that is a word, but I like it, haha).
What I love about this set, is the fruit slice can be many things, a lemon, as shown, a lime, an orange, a grapefruit, just change the ink color. The set also has a lovely array of leaves so add one for a pop of color, or create a little background noise by stamping it off.
There are a total of 16 stamps in this Apple of My Eye stamp set for hours of creative fun and don’t you love how bright and cheery they are?
The Stampin Up Occasions Catalog goes live on January 5th 2016 – I have started a New Board, just for the 2016 – Stampin Up Occasions Catalog – 426 pins already; a beautiful collection of projects designed by me and my Stampin’ Up! Demonstrator friends from around the world: Follow it here:
- Card Base: Watermelon Wonder, Cucumber Rush, Daffodil Delight 5-1/2 x 8-1/2
- Card Mat: Basic Black 3-7/8 x 5-1/8
- Art Piece: Whisper White 3-3/4 x 5
Sandi’s Tips & Tricks for Stampin Up Apple of my Eye – Sneak Peek
- Stamp the backgrounds on the art pieces.
- Stamp the highlighted pieces on scraps of Whisper White and for the Apple Real Red.
- Place the highlight pieces on the card without gluing down, this gives you the position for the background stamping, then attach them with Dimensionals to pop them up a little.
- Stamp the sentiment with Memento Black (Memento Black ink will not stain your Photopolymer stamps)
- Add a little texture with some Linen Thread, Gold Sequim Trim or Gold Metallic Thread
As Promised: here is the Nanaimo Bar Recipe we were chatting about yesterday on Facebook: click here:
And also as promised: here is the Butter and Pecan Tart Recipe – click here:
Thanks so much for visiting me today, I hope you enjoyed the projects.