Hi stamping friends, my card making share today is created with the beautifully artistic Stampin Up Background Bits stamp set. It’s my 10 Minute or less card for this week which I know I usually post at the beginning of the week, but life got in the way! That happens right?
You will find the Stampin Up Background Bits stamp set on page 220 of the Stampin Up Annual Catalogue and it’s a Host Set, meaning you can only earn it with a $200. or higher order and Stampin Rewards. See page 219 for details on that program.
There are 8 rubber stamps in this set, available in wood or clear mount and I love the artistic value of each of these stamps.
- I used the “direct to Rubber” technique with Calypso Coral and Crumb Cake Stampin Write Markers to color my main image and stamp it down.
- Then, the word stamp is “first generation” stamping in the background (stamping off – to us stampers who have been around awhile), LOL.
- The border is stamped in Crumb Cake, full on, as is the sentiment.
- The art piece is Very Vanilla 3-3/4 x 5, and before I attached it to the card base, I wrapped the Calypso Coral 1/8″ Sheer ribbon around it, over the border and added a simple bow.
- I then used Dimensionals to attach it to the card base which is 4-1/4 x 11, scored and folded at 5-1/2
I love the simplicity of this card and how the colours just pop. if you wanted a bit more dimension, you could stamp the flowers again, fussy cut them out and attach them with mini Dimensionals.
Thanks for stopping in and happy card making
- be one of 24,500 following me on PINTEREST
- My Fastest Growing Board – NEW – 2017 Annual Catalog Pin Board – over 2,000 pins
- NEW – Holiday Catalogue 2017
- NEW – Tranquil Tulips Board
- New – Lemon Zest Board
- Daisy Delight Board – over 300 pins
- NEW – Colorful Seasons Pin Board