Hi Stampers, my share today is the Stampin Up Beautiful ride and the Bouncing Brayer Technique – yep – that’s this month’s Totally Technique Challenge – an oldie but a Goodie, haha..
Did you grow up watching Disney on Sunday nights like I did? One of my favorite movies was Herbie the Love Bug, so I just had to make my own little Herbie for this card.
- He is stamped on a piece of the Have a Cuppa Designer paper and then cut out. I used a exacto knife to cut out the windows too.
- For the brayer technique, cut a piece of card stock, mine is Whisper White, 3-7/8 x 5-1/8.
- Lay it on your work surface with some scratch paper under it to protect your surface.
- Ink up the brayer, and bounce it across the paper (instead of rolling it).
- I did mine in an arch so it look like a sun burst, but you could also go straight across too.
- I have to say, don’t overthink the process…..I thought I had to have all kinds of colors and get super creative with it, well I threw out all those pieces and stuck with the simple one….
- Anyway, I also stamped and cut the wheels out of a piece of Whisper White as I didn’t want the hearts on them.
- and my balloons were also stamped on more little scraps of the same designer paper
- and you can then punch them out with the Balloon Punch in the Party Punch Pack.
- I stuck another scrap of the Melon Mambo Designer paper into the Confetti Hearts Border Punch to create some hearts to add to the sky.
Now it’s time to go and see what the rest of the Design Team have come up with for this month’s Technique Challenge:
Click the button below to Hop on over to Patrice’s blog
If you get lost along the way, here is a list of everyone involved in the hop today
Sandi MacIver – You are here
- JUST ANNOUNCED: – Stampin Up Weekly Specials end Feb 29
- Sale – Paper Pumpkin subscriptions on sale – earn a FREE stamp set
- Clearance Rack Sale – add these Stampin Up products to your order at greatly reduced prices
- Stampin Up Sale-a bration is here – Earn FREE stamps with your orders
Want more card ideas? Check out my Stampin Up Video Library over on You Tube
And Over at Stamping and Blogging
The Balloon Celebration Online Class is finished you will want to check out these beautiful, colourful and easy to create cards.
and if flowers are your thing – we have another NEW Class for you:
Both classes are created with new items from the Stampin Up Occasions catalog…stay tuned, I’m working on a 3rd for our members – have you joined yet?
Place your orders through me and automatically become a member of my Exclusive Corgi Rewards Club to earn FREE stamps and a FREE Online Video Stamping Class
When you shop with me online or in person, you earn Corgi Rewards towards free Stamps.
Add the Monthly Host Code: –
February Hostess Code: CANADA – BSM3DM2U – and earn an additional gift
- Place this code into your orders of $50. or more to earn a free gift * See my Corgi Rewards page for more details:
- For orders over $200. please do not use this code as you will receive your own Host Rewards, you will still earn the free gift.
View the details of my Corgi Rewards Program Here:
WEEKLY DEALS: Feb 23 through Feb 29th
– Order today and receive 25% Off these great products:
Click here to view the Weekly Deals from Stampin’ Up! in my Online Shopping Store. Weekly Deals are “while supplies last” and only available at this discount until Feb 29th 2016
Thanks so much for stopping in to visit me today: I have listed the supplies and the measurements for this Stampin Up Beautiful Ride and the Bouncing Brayer Technique card below and I would be most happy to be your demonstrator. Simply click the “shop with me” button below to get to my Online Store, or EMAIL ME if you would like me to place your order for you.
Card Base: Thick Whisper White 5-1/2 x 8-1/2, score and fold at 4-1/4, Bermuda Bay 4 x 5-1/4, Whisper White 3-7/8 x 5-1/8
Have a Cuppa Designer Paper 2-1/2 x 4, stamp and cut out bug.
Scraps of Cuppa Designer Paper, stamp and punch out balloons.
Supplies used to create the Stampin Up Beautiful Ride and the Bouncing Brayer Technique Card: