Hi card making friends, my share today is created with the Stampin Up Beautiful ride for Freshly Made Sketches.
Check out Lucy the Corgi in the back seat, haha….one of the many things I love about this stamp set!…
is to decorate it with the many additional stamps in the set and who doesn’t love to color a little vintage “BUG”
My theme for this card “car ride” that’s a pretty exciting event around our house with two Corgis; say those words out loud and cover your ears the response will be instantaneous, and LOUD….ha-ha…(Road Trip gets a similar response, haha). smart little guys!….they know their words.
The layout for my share today is from the sketch over at Freshly Made Sketches:
You will find this stamp set on page 15 of the NEW Spring Occasions Catalog and as I stated above, it’s fun to create a whole scene with all the additional little pieces in this set, and sentiments!….
This is the first time I have inked this little guy, but I’ll be back to play with it some more very soon. I shared a list below of the items I used to create this card and the card cuts:
Sandi’s Tips & Tricks:
- Stamp the image in StazOn Black onto the watercolor paper (please note, StazOn Black ink will stain your Photopolymer stamps).
- Stamp the Dog, then the luggage on top.
- Color the image with the Ink Pad Lids and Aqua Painter.
- For the Gray, I scribbled the marker on a piece of plastic and picked it up with my aqua painter.
- Stamp the “LOVE and hearts”
- Cut the designer paper, use the Corner Punch to round the corners of it and the Basic Black mat before layering them and attaching them to the top of the piece.
- Trim before adhering to the card base.
- White Heat emboss the sentiment on a scrap of basic black, trim and attach with Dimensionals.
- Card Base: Island Indigo 4-1/4 x 11,
- Art Piece: Watercolor Paper 3-7/8 x 5-1/8 (90 lb cold pressed)
- Designer Paper: Wild Flower Fields (free from Sale-a-bration) 1-1/4 x 4-1/4, Basic Black Mat 1-3/8 x 4-1/4
- Sentiment: Basic Black 1 x 3
Thanks so much for visiting me today, I hope you enjoyed the projects.