Hello my stamping friends and welcome back, I was playing the other day and have a new card to share with you created with a non-holiday stamp set. (or 3)
I find it’s fun to dig around in my stamp collection for stamps I really like and turn them into a beautiful holiday card. Stamps are so versatile that way Sometimes just changing out the sentiment can do it, or a “cool” colour combo like I used here today.
How I created the Stampin Up Best Birds Christmas Card:
- I started by embossing the Balmy Blue card front with the Subtle Embossing Folder from Stampin Up and then mounted it to a Thick Whisper White card base.
- Next I cut a piece of Whisper White 2-1/4 x 4-1/2. I sponged the edges with Balmy Blue and then Night of Navy.
- I used the snowflake stamp from Still Night to stamp the background and then I hand drew the branches in with my Crumb Cake and Soft Suede markers
- I mounted this to a piece of Night of Navy 2-3/8 x 4-5/8 and attached it to the card with Dimensionals
- I stamped the birds in StazOn Black onto a piece of watercolour paper 4 x 5 and then used my Aqua Painter and Ink pads to colour them. I used Crumb Cake, Night of Navy, Balmy Blue and Smoky Slate.
- When they were dry I cut them out with my scissors. There are dies for these birds, but I wanted to trim really close with no white border showing.
- I attach the birds with glue dots to my center art piece.
- The sentiment is from the Feathers & Frost stamp set, stamped in StazOn Black onto a 1 x 3-1/2 piece of Gold Foil Sheet and also attached with Dimensionals.
And on a personal note – As of today I have resigned from Stampin Up. I have been a demonstrator for them for 10 years, 7 in the USA and 3 here in Canada. I’m looking forward to a break from working and getting more rest. My doctors say it will keep me healthier longer. I will be finishing some quilts that have been hanging around and probably do some new ones, read some books, play with some journals and generally slack off, haha. I will still be sharing here on my blog and on my Youtube Channel, but it may not always be with S.U. stamps and products. Like many of you, I have a stash of “Contraband”, and I’m looking forward to giving it a little love too. I’m way more creative when I don’t have deadlines to meet haha so I’m looking forward to getting back to “stamping for fun”.
Thank you to all of you who have supported my business in the past 10 years, I truly appreciate it very much. I hope you will continue to visit and create with me.
Ok, that’s it for me today, Have a blessed weekend my friends and I’ll catch you on the other side.
I’ll pop back in tomorrow and load a PDF file for you for this card, I’m out of time today – Ian’s Christmas Party is tonight, I have to go and get beautiful, haha