Canadian Stampin Up Demonstrator Sandi MacIver – Stampin Up Best Thoughts for Stamping and Blogging.
Hi Stampers, my share today is created with one of the brand new Host Sets – Stampin Up Best Thoughts for Stamping and Blogging. You can choose this stamp as one of your rewards for a $200. (Canadian) or higher Stampin Up order.
Our sketch challenge this week has a cute little tag in it which I decided was the perfect backdrop for this beautiful flower. AND, having been snooping around garden centers as we are creating yet another garden here, these plants come in an array of beautiful colors, this week, I’m using Tangelo Twist, Tangerine Tango and Daffodil Delight
Sandi’s Tips & Tricks for the Stampin Up Best Thoughts for Stamping and Blogging Card:
- I stamped the flower in StazOn Black (because I was getting it wet), onto a piece of Shimmery White Card stock – I love watercoloring on that stuff – it sparkles when I’m done.
- Used my Aqua painter to add Tangelo Twist, Tangerine Tango and Daffodil Delight
- after the flower was dry and cut out, I added the white highlights with my gel pen
- I wanted a pretty muted background so the flower really popped – say hello to some NEW DESIGNER PAPER – TIMELESS ELEGANCE – by far my favorite in the new catalog.
- Hard to see in the picture but I embossed the tag with the Zig Zag Embossing Folder to mimic the lines in the designer paper.
- Embellishments are minimal, a little Pumpkin Pie 1/4″ cotton ribbon, linen thread and a candy dot and rhinestone. I wanted the flower to be the main attraction today!…
Now it’s time to kick over to the Design Team Blogs and see what they came up with for the sketch this week: You can click on the links below to hop to their blogs, or visit the Stamping and Blogging Facebook page.….once you are all inspired – we would love you to create a card with the sketch and load it to the Sketch and Stamp Stamping and Blogging Blog – you could win our next weekly challenge and sidebar button.
Amy Koenders – USA
Sandi MacIver – CANADA
Lee Conrey – USA
Claire Daly – Australia
Erna Logtenberg – Netherlands
Marine Wiplier – France
Shelagh Freemantle – Canada
Kerstin Kreis – Germany
Patrice Halliday – Larsen – New Zealand
Stampin’ Up! products used to create this card: please click on the images for a larger view, further details and to easily add to your shopping cart:
For the Stampin Up Best Thoughts for Stamping and Blogging Card:
- Card Base: Basic Black 5 x 10, Tangerine Tango 4-1/4 square, Timeless Elegance 4-3/8 square.
- Tag: Basic Black 2 x 4
- Flower: Shimmery White 4-1/4 x 5-1/2
- Sentiment: Whisper White 2 x 3, mat Basic Black 2 x 3 cut with #1 and #2 Ovals (from the center).
Thanks so much for stopping in to visit me today, I hope you enjoyed my share and if you need products to create it – I would love to be your demonstrator, simply use my “shop with me” buttons below, or contact me and I would be happy to place your order for you.