Hi stampers, today I’m sharing a little water coloring fun with the Stampin Up Birthday Blooms Stamp Set for this weeks Happy Stampers Blog Hop.
It’s another Sneak Peek for you as this beauty is coming in the Stampin Up Spring Occasions catalog that goes live on January 5th.
When they first gave us this stamp set at Founder’s Circle, I knew I would be water coloring it and I’m having a few other technique ideas for this stamp set as well. Stay Tuned, I’m working on them..
This Stampin Up Birthday Blooms stamp set is so much fun to watercolor, here is how I accomplished this card:
Sandi’s Tips & Tricks:
- First I White Heat Embossed the image onto a piece of watercolor paper, 90 pound cold pressed.
- I used my Aqua Painter and ink pads to color the image – Old Olive, Mossy Meadow, Watermelon Wonder, Blushing Bride, Pool Party, Crushed Curry and Delightful Dijon
- Start by flooding the flower with the light color (blushing Bride), then while the paper is still wet, introduce the darker color. Repeat the steps with the leaves, and then when both are dry, (so the colors do not run into each other), do the background.
- When dry, I added the sentiment in Memento Black
- Use Fast Fuse to attach the watercolor paper to the Pool Party mat – it’s stronger than Snail Adhesive, and previously wet watercolor paper does like to roll a little.
- Wrap the linen thread around this piece before attaching it to the Thick Whisper White card base.
- embellish with a few rhinestones.
- Card Base: Thick Whisper White 5-1/2 x 8-1/2 score and fold at 4-1/4
- Mat: Pool Party 4 x 5-1/4
- Watercolor paper 3-7/8 x 5-1/8
This week we are back to a sketch challenge for the blog hop:
Now it’s time to go and see what the rest of the Happy Stampers Designers have come up with for this week’s color challenge.
Click the button below to Hop on over to Amy Koenders
If you get lost along the way, here is a list of everyone involved in the hop today
Sandi MacIver – (you are here)
Thanks so much for stopping in to visit me today: Wishing you all a very Happy Holidays, which ever one you celebrate; I hope you are surrounded by your loved ones. Ian, Oscar Lucy and I celebrate Christmas, our home is decorated, the presents are wrapped, the baking is done and we are going to relax and enjoy it together…I’ll be taking a few days off from blogging, but you know I’ll be sneaking in some stamping, which I will share with you in the New Year.
Thank you so much for your support this past year, it means the world to me.
December Hostess Code: CANADA – 4YNXMNBN
When you shop with me online or in person, you earn Corgi Rewards which you can redeem for FREE Stampin Up products.
Weekly Deals – Canada
Clearance Rack – Canada