Hi card making friends, today I’m sharing a little water coloring fun with the Stampin Up Birthday Blooms Stamp Set for this weeks Happy Stampers Blog Hop.
It’s another Sneak Peek for you as this beauty is coming in the Stampin Up Spring Occasions catalog that goes live on January 5th.
When they first gave us this stamp set at Founder’s Circle, I knew I would be water coloring it and I’m having a few other technique ideas for this stamp set as well. Stay Tuned, I’m working on them..
This Stampin Up Birthday Blooms stamp set is so much fun to watercolor, here is how I accomplished this card:
Sandi’s Tips & Tricks for the Stampin Up Birthday Blooms Stamp Set :
- First I White Heat Embossed the image onto a piece of watercolor paper, 90 pound cold pressed.
- I used my Aqua Painter and ink pads to color the image – Old Olive, Mossy Meadow, Watermelon Wonder, Blushing Bride, Pool Party, Crushed Curry and Delightful Dijon
- Start by flooding the flower with the light color (blushing Bride), then while the paper is still wet, introduce the darker color. Repeat the steps with the leaves, and then when both are dry, (so the colors do not run into each other), do the background.
- When dry, I added the sentiment in Memento Black
- Use Fast Fuse to attach the watercolor paper to the Pool Party mat – it’s stronger than Snail Adhesive, and previously wet watercolor paper does like to roll a little.
- Wrap the linen thread around this piece before attaching it to the Thick Whisper White card base.
- embellish with a few rhinestones.
- Card Base: Thick Whisper White 5-1/2 x 8-1/2 score and fold at 4-1/4
- Mat: Pool Party 4 x 5-1/4
- Watercolor paper 3-7/8 x 5-1/8
This week we are back to a sketch challenge for the blog hop: