Hi card makers, my share today is called Stampin Up Bloomin Love and it’s the first in a 14 day challenge I’m hosting over on my “Stampin with Sandi Hangout” on Facebook – click here to come on over and join in the fun.
The rules are simple – make a “love” themed card every day for the next 14 days, and share it with the other members of the group and then mail them to people you love!
What an awesome way to see some great card designs and make some new friends right?
My first card is created with the Stampin Up Bloomin Love Bundle on page 16 and 17 of the Spring Occasions catalog…I am totally in love with this Bloomin Heart Thinlit!….here are my tips and tricks for this card.
Sandi’s Tips & Tricks:
- Randomly stamp the background in Lost Lagoon using the small stamps in the set to create the “wallpaper” or “background noise” as I like to call it.
- Layer the piece to the Whisper White Mat with Fast Fuse.
- Add the Corrugated Paper piece and then the ribbon before attaching this piece to the card base.
- Die cut the heart using the new Big Shot Die brush to remove all the little cut outs (this little guy is “da Bomb” – you need one!.
- Attach the heart to the card using Dimensionals to pop it up a bit.
- Stamp and Die cut a selection of flowers to embellish the heart
- Add a few pearls and gold rhinestones.
- Stamp the sentiment on a scrap of Whisper White and cut out. Attach with Glue Dots:
The card recipe and supply list for this card are at the end of my post:
- Card Base: Kraft Card stock 5-1/2 x 8-1/2, Whisper White Mat 4 x 5-1/4, Lost Lagoon 3-7/8 x 5-1/8
- Heart: – Water color paper 4 x 4
- Corrugated Paper: 1-1/4 x 5-1/4
- Scraps of Whisper White for the Flowers.
Thanks so much for visiting me today, I hope you enjoyed the projects.