Sandi MacIver – Stampin With Sandi – Stampin Up Botanical Bliss
Hi stamping friends, welcome back. today we have a colour challenge for the Happy Stampers Blog Hop so I decided to use the NEW Stampin Up Botanical Bliss found on page 20 of the New Annual Catalogue.
Also in my first order – hey, birds and flowers – you know me, haha….and the dies in this set are so fun to make tags with.
Step by Step instructions for the Stampin Up Botanical Bliss Card:
- I started by stamping the floral image in Granny Apple Green onto my Whisper White card front 3-3/4 x 5. This creates my background wallpaper. You could also use Designer Paper in this step, but I like stamping the background.
- Next I popped it into the NEW Subtle Embossing Folder (check the end of my post on how to get one for FREE) and ran it through the Big Shot for just a hint of texture.
- Next I matted that to a piece of Granny Apple Green 3-7/8 x 5-1/8 and then to my card base of Pool Party, 4-1/4 x 11, scored and folded at 5-1/2
- For the front art piece tag, I started with a piece of Pool Party 2-1/4 x 4-3/4. I used the bird floral die for the top, and finished cutting down the side with my paper trimmer.
- I rounded the bottom two corners with the New Detailed Trio Punch
- I used First Generation Stamping to add the leaf stamp down the front of the tag before sponging the edges with Pool Party.
- I cut another piece of Whisper White 2-1/4 x 4-3/4 and also embossed it with the Subtle embossing folder, rounded the corners with the same punch, and tucked it in behind my bird tag to eliminate the busy of the stamped flowers behind.
- I attached the white background piece and the tag with Glue dots to my card front.
- I stamped the sentiment in Black and then used the Lakeside Framelits sentiment die to cut it out and attached it with Dimensionals across the front of my tag.
- Next I die cut 3 of the leaf steps and used multipurpose glue to attach them
- I stamped the bird in Pool Party ink onto the small piece of Pool Party card stock and fussy cut him out before attaching him with a dimensional over the sentiment.
- Lastly, I die cut the floral tag top out of the piece of Lovely Lipstick, trimmed just the flower out and tucked it under my tag, just peeking out a bit under the bird. I secured it with a couple of drops of multipurpose glue.
- I doubled a piece of linen thread to create a little bow and the final embellishment is a sprinkling of the Basic Adhesive Backed Sequins.
- Phew – no wonder that card took me all morning to create haha, but what an amazing bundle this is…..I already have more plans to use it.
Now it’s time to hop over and see what my team mates have come up with for this week’s sketch. They are both very creative so I know you are going to love their projects. You can click on the Next button, or on the names below to visit their blogs:
Sandi MacIver – Stampin with Sandi – you are here
Want to join our blog hop? – we would love to have you – just sign up as a Demonstrator under any of us to become part of our team and get 10 FREE Ink Pads if you Join in July
For the Stampin Up Botanical Bliss Card:
This card is the first time I have used the Subtle Embossing Folder and I love it.
I hope you enjoyed today’s project and thanks so much for stopping in to visit.
Wishing you Happy Stamping.