Fancy Folds is a new group we formed with a bunch of Stampin Up Demonstrators from around the World, I know you are going to enjoy this hop:
For this hop, our challenge was to create an easel card – I love them, so this was a delightful challenge for me:
Sandi’s Tips & Tricks:
- Cut a piece of card stock 4-1/4 x 8-1/2, score it at 4-1/4 and 6-3/8 – this will create the base for you.
- You need another 4-1/4 square for the top part, and my additional layers are all 4 inch squares.
- Once you have all your pieces cut and scored, you fold the base piece and attach the square to the front of the half fold so it stands up like this:
- cut all your die cuts, sentiments etc. and attach them to the card front and the card base.
- TIP – for the card base – see the black dot in the above photo: You need to place something raised on your card base that will hold the top part from sliding down.
- For mine, I used the sentiment from Suite Sayings and the stamped outline is from Helping Me Grow, I layered this with a piece of Mint Macaron and attached it with Dimensionals so that it holds my top piece up for me.
- I die cut my black Botanical Blooms Designer Paper with the Leaf Framelit, and under it, I tucked a piece of the Sale-a-bration Botanical Blooms Designer Vellum (which you can earn for free with a qualifying order. Under that is a piece of the lovely gray Designer paper from the Perfectly Artistic package, also from Sale-a-bration and available free with an order.
- The two large flowers are cut from Whisper White and Sponged with Sahara Sand,
- Ferns are cut from Mossy Meadow Card Stock
- Wide Leaves are cut from Mint Macaron
- Small flowers are Bermuda Bay
And I used the Clear Wink of Stella on the flower petals for some added bling:
There is a card recipe and product list for you at the end of this blog post:
Ok, now it’s time to hop on over to the next artist in our blog hop and see what they created for the Easel Challenge this month: Click the Next button to visit Patty Bennett or if you get lost on the hop, you can click on the names below:
Sandi MacIver (you are here)
- Sale – Stampin Up Weekly Specials end Feb 15
- Sale – Paper Pumpkin subscriptions on sale – earn a FREE stamp set
- Clearance Rack Sale – add these Stampin Up products to your order at greatly reduced prices
- Stampin Up Sale-a bration is here – Earn FREE stamps with your orders
Place your orders through me and automatically become a member of my Exclusive Corgi Rewards Club to earn FREE stamps and a FREE Online Video Stamping Class
When you shop with me online or in person, you earn Corgi Rewards towards free Stamps.
Add the Monthly Host Code: –
February Hostess Code: CANADA – BSM3DM2U – and earn an additional gift
- Place this code into your orders of $50. or more to earn a free gift * See my Corgi Rewards page for more details:
- For orders over $200. please do not use this code as you will receive your own Host Rewards, you will still earn the free gift.
View the details of my Corgi Rewards Program Here:
WEEKLY DEALS: Feb 9 through Feb 15th
– Order today and receive 25% Off these great products:
Click here to view the Weekly Deals from Stampin’ Up! in my Online Shopping Store. Weekly Deals are “while supplies last” and only available at this discount until Feb 15th 2016
Thanks so much for stopping in to visit me today: I have listed the supplies and the measurements for this Stampin Up Botanical Blooms for the Fancy Folds Blog Hop card below and I would be most happy to be your demonstrator. Simply click the “shop with me” button below to get to my Online Store, or EMAIL ME if you would like me to place your order for you.
- Card Base: Basic Black 4-1/4 x 8-1/2, Perfectly artistic Designer paper (gray) 4 x 4, Botanical Blooms Designer Vellum 4 x 4, Botanical Blooms Designer Paper 1-1/2 x 4
- Bottom: same as the top except the piece of the black Botanical Blooms Designer paper is also 4 x 4
- Flowers: Whisper White 2-1/2 square each, small flowers are Bermuda Bay 1-1/2 x 5
- Leaves: Ferns Mossy Meadow 2 x 7, Wide Leaf Mint Macaron 3 x 4
- Sentiment: Perfect Artistic DSP 1-3/4 x 3, mat is Mint Macaron 1-3/4 x 3
Supplies used to create the Stampin Up Botanical Blooms for the Fancy Folds Blog Hop Card:
Clearance Rack – Canada