Hi cardmaking friends, my share today is created with the Stampin UP Botanical Blooms.
Today I’m sharing an easel card – I love them, so this was a delightful challenge for me:
Sandi’s Tips & Tricks:
- Cut a piece of card stock 4-1/4 x 8-1/2, score it at 4-1/4 and 6-3/8 – this will create the base for you.
- You need another 4-1/4 square for the top part, and my additional layers are all 4 inch squares.
- Once you have all your pieces cut and scored, you fold the base piece and attach the square to the front of the half fold so it stands up like this:
- cut all your die cuts, sentiments etc. and attach them to the card front and the card base.
- TIP – for the card base – see the black dot in the above photo: You need to place something raised on your card base that will hold the top part from sliding down.
- For mine, I used the sentiment from Suite Sayings and the stamped outline is from Helping Me Grow, I layered this with a piece of Mint Macaron and attached it with Dimensionals so that it holds my top piece up for me.
- I die cut my black Botanical Blooms Designer Paper with the Leaf Framelit, and under it, I tucked a piece of the Sale-a-bration Botanical Blooms Designer Vellum (which you can earn for free with a qualifying order. Under that is a piece of the lovely gray Designer paper from the Perfectly Artistic package, also from Sale-a-bration and available free with an order.
- The two large flowers are cut from Whisper White and Sponged with Sahara Sand,
- Ferns are cut from Mossy Meadow Card Stock
- Wide Leaves are cut from Mint Macaron
- Small flowers are Bermuda Bay
And I used the Clear Wink of Stella on the flower petals for some added bling:
There is a card recipe at the end of this blog post:
- Card Base: Basic Black 4-1/4 x 8-1/2, Perfectly artistic Designer paper (gray) 4 x 4, Botanical Blooms Designer Vellum 4 x 4, Botanical Blooms Designer Paper 1-1/2 x 4
- Bottom: same as the top except the piece of the black Botanical Blooms Designer paper is also 4 x 4
- Flowers: Whisper White 2-1/2 square each, small flowers are Bermuda Bay 1-1/2 x 5
- Leaves: Ferns Mossy Meadow 2 x 7, Wide Leaf Mint Macaron 3 x 4
- Sentiment: Perfect Artistic DSP 1-3/4 x 3, mat is Mint Macaron 1-3/4 x 3
Thanks so much for visiting me today, I hope you enjoyed the projects.
- Follow me on INSTAGRAM
- Join 35,000+ following me on PINTEREST
- Subscribe to my YOUTUBE Channel
- Follow me on FACEBOOK
- Check out my FREE PDF Gallery for over 200+ Card Tutorials
Deepa M. says
Good Morning Miss Sandi! Your card is absolutely gorgeous – I love the colors you paired together and the way you used the botanical blooms dies is just fabulous. Have a wonderful Friday, and a cozy weekend!! Happy Valentine’s Day 🙂
Beautiful Card Sandi! It’s so Tropical! Love your colour combo. It’s definitely a work of art!
FRANCE MARTIN says
So pretty Love your take on the easel Hugs
Jari Francis says
Sandi, I love your easel card-so cool! And very pretty, too! 🙂
Oh Sandi, just a stunning card, love the color combo, design, heck, I love everything about this card. What a talent you and this design team have.
Wow talk about a work of art my friend 🙂 I love everything about it.
Tracy May says
Great card Sandi – I love the colour scheme. Very striking 🙂 x
Patty Bennett says
Simply Stunning.. great color combo, great use of the vellum!!!
Libby Dyson says
Oh I absolutely love this and thanks so much for the tips and instructions too.
The colours on your card are gorgeous and the white flowers are lovely 🙂 the blue leaves are so pretty too! great easel card Sandi!
Love this flower in white. Love the way you used the leaf die with the DSP
Sandi this card is so dramatic and so beautiful. This is one of my favorite sets and using it with these colors is DYNAMITE!!
Thank you for the inspiration and fantastic instructions and “ingredients”