Hi card making friends, Happy Monday to you – it’s “10 or less” day today and my share is created with the Stampin Up Cozy Christmas Santa Card.
Over the weekend I was creating Christmas Cards like crazy, using up my package of Home for Christmas Designer Series Paper and getting some of the over 200 Cards on my list finished. So I’m sharing one with you today.
Here is what I came up with the 1-3/4 x 5 strips left over.
Sandi’s Tips & Tricks for the Stampin Up Cozy Christmas Santa Card :
- Layer a coordinating piece of cards stock behind the designer paper to pull out the color
- Add a Sentiment, also using another color from the Designer paper, it helps to make other small images in similar colors pop. I used the Cozy Christmas Stamp Set and heat embossed the sentiment in white so it popped off the red!
- I embossed the background of the card base to add some “background noise”, without adding bulk to the card.
- Cutting out a little Santa or a deer from the designer paper adds a cute embellishment to the card.
The Cozy Christmas Stamp Set and the Home for Christmas Designer paper are from the Holiday Catalog (page 9) and come with some great sentiments and images. They are also on the “retiring” list for the Holiday Catalog, so if you love these, order soon to avoid disappointment.
- Card Base: Whisper White – 4-1/4 x 11, score and fold at 5-1/2
- Designer Paper 1-3/4 x 5, Mat, Pool Party 2 x 5-/4
- Sentiment: Cherry Cobbler 3 x 3
- Santa is cut from a sheet of the designer paper.
Thanks so much for visiting me today, I hope you enjoyed the projects.