Hi card makers, my share today is created with the Stampin Up Cupcake Party stamp set, and what a fun set to create a birthday card with:
As you can see, I also had a little fun with the background on this card. I used my Fluttering Embossing Folder as a Letterpress Plate to embed the ink into the background. I did a video on this back in 2012, you can see it here:
If you are reading this post in your e-mail, click on the title of the post which will take you to my blog page so you can watch the video.
The first four minutes of the video explain the technique for you.
Sandi’s Tips & Tricks:
- I first cut the art piece with the Lots of Labels Framelits
- Next I stamped “party” down the center in Blushing Bride
- On another piece of Whisper White, I stamped the top of the cupcake in Melon Mambo
- The bottom piece was stamped in StazOn Black and colored with my Aqua Painter and Hello Honey and Delightful Dijon ink pad lids. Then you can punch them out with the Cupcake Builder Punch.
- The are mounted onto the art piece with Dimensionals to pop them up slightly.
- Next I grabbed my scrap pin and punch out candles from Hello Honey, Melon Mambo and Blackberry Bliss card stock.
- For the background, you want to mount the embossed piece to the Whisper White Mat.
- Next, attach the strip of Blackberry Bliss across the front and add the strip of ribbon before attaching to the card base.
- Add the art piece with Dimensionals and then tie a bow and attach it with a couple of glue dots.
- Card Base: Melon Mambo 4-1/4 x 11, score and fold at 5-1/2, Whisper White 4 x 5-1/4, Blushing Bride 3-3/4 x 5
- Art Piece: Whisper White 2-1/2 x 4
- Cupcake: Whisper White 2 x 2-1/2
- Blackberry Bliss 1-1/4 x 3-3/4 for the piece across the background of the card.
Thanks so much for visiting me today, I hope you enjoyed the projects.