Hi card makers, my share today is created with the Stampin Up Easter lamb Stamp from the new Spring Occasions Catalog, and I thought I better get a jump on my easter cards, LOL…
And if you need some more ideas or you want to share your Easter cards – that happens to be the Group Challenge over at the Stampin with Sandi Hangout on Facebook – so come on over and join us.
Sandi’s Tips & Tricks:
- I stamped the lamp in StazOn Black onto a piece of Whisper White and then cut it out with the Lots of Labels Framelits.
- I colored the background of the lamp with Smokey Slate and my blender pen, this made the little circles pop up more, and the cheeks and ears are done with Blushing Bride.
- I matted the lamp with a piece of Mint Macaron, also cut out with the Lots of Labels framelits and then embossed with the Decorative Dots.
- The background piece of Whisper White is embossed with the Fluttering Folder before I attached a piece of the Birthday Bouquet Designer Paper to it.
- The flowers are punched out with the Itty Bitty Accents Punch – the edges are sponged before I glued them on with glue dots and embossed them with medium sized pearls before giving them a little glam with some Clear Wink of Stella.
- I stamped the sentiment on a scrap of Whisper White so I could trim it and add it to the top of the card with Dimensionals
Something else I wanted to share, when I mounted this stamp, the sentiment was under the lamb, so I cut off the sticker and added it to the top end of the handle.
and cut the sentiment off the stamp and mounted it to the other end….I’m not fond of masking off sentiments, so this is my solution.
Sorry I have not posted for a week, I have been busy cooking and freezing meals for my recoup time after my surgery, and I have been doing some journaling too, want to see one of my pages?
I decided this journal was going to be positive thoughts about my cancer adventure, it will also keep me busy during recoup as I’m not allowed to lift anything or bend over for 6 weeks…..I figure with this sitting on a table, I can just sit and doodle and hopefully behave myself, LOL…The ink, stamps etc. are all part of the Dyan Deaveley line from Ranger Ink, I attended a class of hers before we left Portland and I figured this was the perfect opportunity to get some pages done in my book while I’m not working.
- Card Base: Pool Party, 5-1/2 x 8-1/2, score and fold at 4-1/4, Blushing Bride 4 x 5-1/4, Whisper White 3-7/8 x 5-1/8
- Art Piece: Whisper White 2-1/2 x 4-1/2, Mint Macaron 3 x 4-1/2
- Designer Paper – Birthday Bouquet 1-1/2 x 5-1/8
- Scraps of Blushing Bride and Pool Part to punch out flowers.
Thanks so much for visiting me today, I hope you enjoyed the projects.