Sandi MacIver – Stampin with Sandi – Stampin Up Feeling of Christmas
Hi friends, welcome to my card making blog. Today’s share is created with the Stampin Up Feeling of Christmas and yep you guessed it, another fast and easy Christmas card although I did slow down just enough to use my Stampin Blends.
Sandi’s Tips & Tricks for the Stampin Up feeling of Christmas card:
- This beautiful wreath stamp set is perfect for any season, just change out the colour of the bows and babbles. I went for the traditional colours and used my Cherry Cobbler and Old Olive Blends to color the image.
- With five layers of card stock/designer paper, there is plenty of visual interest without bulk – cutting instructions are below.
- I coupled the stamp with a shot of Real Red card stock to bring out the bow and bobbles, and I’m still using up Designer Paper so a tucked in a piece of “Merry Little Christmas” for some added colour.
- By adding a strip of red card stock down the center it gave me the perfect place to stamp my sentiment and visually pulled the colour out to the whole card.
- Embossing the sentiment in white would also be beautiful.
You know I love my “background noise”, look closely, there is a stamp in this set that creates that. I decided to stamp it in Smoky Slate so it appeared as shadows.
The Feeling of Christmas stamp set also comes with two sentiments, a single branch to stamp your own wreath or garland, and if you need more berries – a stamp for that.
I love the simplicity of this card, the pieces are easy to cut, go together quickly and it’s flat – no extra postage required – whoo hoo. (and I got to colour with my Blends – added bonus).
For the Stampin Up Feeling of Christmas Card: (in inches)
- Card Base: Thick Whisper white 4-1/4 x 11, score and fold at 5-1/2
- Mat: Merry Little Christmas 4 x 5-1/4
- Card Front: Whisper White 3-3/4 x 5
- Center Strip: Real Red 2 x 4-3/4
- Art Piece: Whisper White 3-3/8″ square
- Mat: Old Olive – 3-1/2 square
Thanks so much for stopping to visit with me today, I would love to hear from you – you can leave comments here:
- be one of 25,700 following me on PINTEREST
- My Fastest growing New board – Christmas Card ideas – Stampin Up – has 1,000+ pins to date
- NEW – Holiday Catalogue 2017 – over – 1,564 pins