Hi card making friends, my share today is created with the Stampin Up First Sight.
We are back to a sketch challenge for this week and here it is:
I had a tough time again this week deciding on which stamp set to use, but a new set won out of course, the Stampin Up First Sight set on page 36 of the Occasions Catalog. I combined with the beautiful Bloomin Heart Thinlits for my art piece (page 16 and there is also a lovely stamp set that goes with that as well – check out the bundle and save 15%).
I think I was channeling my inner Bohemian today, but I do love how bright and lively the color combo is, hope you do too.
Sandi’s Tips & Tricks:
- I started by White Embossing that lovely flourish onto Shimmery White card stock.
- Which means I used the “resist technique”, by sponging on Melon Mambo and Strawberry Slush ink to get the embossing to pop out!
- To frame out my background I used black and then white card stock and the sentiment strip across the center matches my Bermuda Bay card base.
- For the art piece; I used piece of Whisper White and die cut the heart thinlit, then I cut a circle out of it with the 5th from center circle framelit.
- This is matted to a piece of Strawberry Slush cut the same size and then matted to a piece of Whisper White punched out with the 2-1/2″ circle punch….
- Phew, are you tired yet! haha….it seems like a lot, but it was fun and went quite quickly.
- So, I also sponged a scrap of the shimmer white so I could stamp and cut out the two flowers, these were from the Stampin Up Bloomin Love Stamp Set….and they coordinate perfectly with the flowers cut out by the die…
- The art piece is attached with Dimensionals and then embellished with a few Rhinestones.
I have a couple of friends going through some cancer stuff right now, so I wanted a super bright and cheery card to brighten their day, I think I have achieved it, I would love to open an envelope and find this little treasure inside….
The card recipe is below
- Card Base: Bermuda Bay 4-1/4 x 11, Whisper White 4 x 5-1/4, Basic Black 3-7/8 x 5-1/8.
- Background: Shimmery White 3-3/4 x 4
- Sentiment Strip: Bermuda Bay 1-1/4 x 5
- Circle Art Piece: Whisper White 4 x 4, Watermelon Wonder 3 x 3, Whisper White 3 x 3
Thanks so much for visiting me today, I hope you enjoyed the projects.