Hi stampers, my share today is created with the Stampin Up First Sight, for our Happy Stampers blog hop this week.
We are back to a sketch challenge for this week and here it is:
I had a tough time again this week deciding on which stamp set to use, but a new set won out of course, the Stampin Up First Sight set on page 36 of the Occasions Catalog. I combined with the beautiful Bloomin Heart Thinlits for my art piece (page 16 and there is also a lovely stamp set that goes with that as well – check out the bundle and save 15%).
I think I was channeling my inner Bohemian today, but I do love how bright and lively the color combo is, hope you do too.
Sandi’s Tips & Tricks:
- I started by White Embossing that lovely flourish onto Shimmery White card stock.
- Which means I used the “resist technique”, by sponging on Melon Mambo and Strawberry Slush ink to get the embossing to pop out!
- To frame out my background I used black and then white card stock and the sentiment strip across the center matches my Bermuda Bay card base.
- For the art piece; I used piece of Whisper White and die cut the heart thinlit, then I cut a circle out of it with the 5th from center circle framelit.
- This is matted to a piece of Strawberry Slush cut the same size and then matted to a piece of Whisper White punched out with the 2-1/2″ circle punch….
- Phew, are you tired yet! haha….it seems like a lot, but it was fun and went quite quickly.
- So, I also sponged a scrap of the shimmer white so I could stamp and cut out the two flowers, these were from the Stampin Up Bloomin Love Stamp Set….and they coordinate perfectly with the flowers cut out by the die…
- The art piece is attached with Dimensionals and then embellished with a few Rhinestones.
I have a couple of friends going through some cancer stuff right now, so I wanted a super bright and cheery card to brighten their day, I think I have achieved it, I would love to open an envelope and find this little treasure inside….
I will provide the card recipe and supplies below, but first, let’s go and visit the rest of the design team and see what they did with the sketch this week.
Click the button below to Hop on over to Amy Koenders
If you get lost along the way, here is a list of everyone involved in the hop today
Sandi MacIver – (you are here)
- Sale – Stampin Up Weekly Specials end Jan 25
- Sale – Paper Pumpkin subscriptions on sale – earn a FREE stamp set
- Clearance Rack Sale – add these Stampin Up products to your order at greatly reduced prices
- Stampin Up Sale-a bration is here – Earn FREE stamps with your orders
Place your orders through me and automatically become a member of my Exclusive Corgi Rewards Club to earn FREE stamps and a FREE Online Video Stamping Class
When you shop with me online or in person, you earn Corgi Rewards towards free Stamps.
Add the Monthly Host Code: – January Hostess Code: CANADA – AKSPPMXX – and earn an additional gift
- Place this code into your orders of $50. or more to earn a free gift * See my Corgi Rewards page for more details:
- For orders over $200. please do not use this code as you will receive your own Host Rewards, you will still earn the free gift.
View the details of my Corgi Rewards Program Here:
- Stampin’ Up! – Current Back order report
- Updated Jan 18 – 2016 – Expected Availability:
126995 – Stampin Trimmer Cutting Blades
140566 – Honeycomb Embellishments – Feb 1
#140550 – Blushing Bride Glimmer Paper – Feb 1
#141284 – Clear – Dans Les Nuages (french Sky is the Limit) – Feb 1
#140503 – Clear – Happy Home – TBD
WEEKLY DEALS: – Order today and receive 25% Off these great products:
Click here to view the Weekly Deals from Stampin’ Up! in my Online Shopping Store. Weekly Deals are “while supplies last” and only available at this discount until January 25th 2016
Thanks so much for stopping in to visit me today: I have listed the supplies and the measurements for this Stampin Up First Sight card below and I would be most happy to be your demonstrator. Simply click the “shop with me” button below to get to my Online Store, or EMAIL ME if you would like me to place your order for you.
Card Base: Bermuda Bay 4-1/4 x 11, Whisper White 4 x 5-1/4, Basic Black 3-7/8 x 5-1/8.
Background: Shimmery White 3-3/4 x 4
Sentiment Strip: Bermuda Bay 1-1/4 x 5
Circle Art Piece: Whisper White 4 x 4, Watermelon Wonder 3 x 3, Whisper White 3 x 3
Supplies used to create the Stampin Up First Sight card: