Hi card making friends, my share today is created with the Stampin Up Flourishing Phrases and combines a couple of challenges too.
Firstly, my layout is for the Freshly Made Sketches challenge for this week:
and my colour choices for this week are compliments of ColourQChallenge
and in keeping with full disclosure, I don’t have some of these colours, so I substituted a few. I used Smokey Slate, Peekaboo Peach, Chocolate Chip and Blushing Bride – close enough right?
You can find this bundle on page 49 of your new Stampin Up Annual catalog and it’s pretty amazing…18 stamps in the stamp set then flip to page 194 to check out the 10 Dies in the coordinating Flourish Thinlits set…wow! are we going to have fun with these or what!…
Sandi’s Tips & Tricks:
- I gathered up scraps of all the card stock colours I needed to use after deciding that my background would be white.
- I originally thought about die cutting 2 flowers and overlaying them for the circles in the sketch, but then I decided a cut out circle with the sentiment in it might be more dramatic, so I used the NEW Layering Circles Framelits to get just the right size circle I wanted.
- After I cut the circle in the card base, I laid my piece of Smokey Slate under it and stamped my sentiment right through the hole, this allowed me to place it exactly where I wanted it.
- Next I die cut all the pieces I wanted to create my card.
- TIP – I glued all my die cut pieces on before adding Dimensionals to the back of the Whisper White piece and then attaching it to the Smokey Slate piece; This added some depth to the card front.
- The final step was using my Tear & Tape on the back of the art piece to secure it to my card base.
- Then I added a few Rhinestones and Pearls but otherwise I kept it very simple to let the beautiful artwork in the die cuts steal the show.
- Card Base: Thick Whisper White 4-1/4 x 11
- Mat: Smoky Slate 3-3/4 x 5
- Card front: Thick Whisper White 3-7/8 x 5-1/8
- Die Cut Pieces: Peekaboo Peach 2-1/2 square, Chocolate Chip 3/4 x 4, Crumb Cake 3 x 3 and Blushing Bride 1 x 2
Thanks so much for visiting me today, I hope you enjoyed the projects.