Hi stampers, my share today is created with the Stampin Up Flourishing Phrases and combines a couple of challenges too.
Firstly, my layout is for the Freshly Made Sketches challenge for this week:
and my colour choices for this week are compliments of ColourQChallenge
and in keeping with full disclosure, I don’t have some of these colours, so I substituted a few. I used Smokey Slate, Peekaboo Peach, Chocolate Chip and Blushing Bride – close enough right?
You can find this bundle on page 49 of your new Stampin Up Annual catalog and it’s pretty amazing…18 stamps in the stamp set then flip to page 194 to check out the 10 Dies in the coordinating Flourish Thinlits set…wow! are we going to have fun with these or what!…
Sandi’s Tips & Tricks:
- I gathered up scraps of all the card stock colours I needed to use after deciding that my background would be white.
- I originally thought about die cutting 2 flowers and overlaying them for the circles in the sketch, but then I decided a cut out circle with the sentiment in it might be more dramatic, so I used the NEW Layering Circles Framelits to get just the right size circle I wanted.
- After I cut the circle in the card base, I laid my piece of Smokey Slate under it and stamped my sentiment right through the hole, this allowed me to place it exactly where I wanted it.
- Next I die cut all the pieces I wanted to create my card.
- TIP – I glued all my die cut pieces on before adding Dimensionals to the back of the Whisper White piece and then attaching it to the Smokey Slate piece; This added some depth to the card front.
- The final step was using my Tear & Tape on the back of the art piece to secure it to my card base.
- Then I added a few Rhinestones and Pearls but otherwise I kept it very simple to let the beautiful artwork in the die cuts steal the show.
Thanks so much for visiting me today and if you would like to order the supplies to create the Stampin Up Flourishing Phrases card; simply click on the “shop with me” button below, I would be most happy to be your demonstrator.
You can find the card recipe and product list for today’s project at the end of this post.
If you need help with “how to order” – Click Here:
Earn Corgi Rewards towards FREE stamps when you shop with me
Want a NEW 2016 – 2017 CANADIAN STAMPIN UP Annual Catalog mailed to you? Click here
Save 10% on Stampin Up PRODUCT BUNDLES – 41 to choose from here
Want 1,000+ card ideas for the New Stampin UP Catalog? find them: – on Pinterest here:
Organize your “MUST HAVE” new products with my printable “Wish List 2016“
Join in JUNE – Sign UP to be a demonstrator and get 2 FREE stamp sets (could be up to a $125. value), plus $165.00 of product in your starter kit for just $135.00. I would love to welcome you to my team. Click here for more info and to sign up
June Host Special – Get an Additional $40.00 in HOST REWARDS with a $400+ Order. Can be a personal order, a group order or a party order. E-mail me with questions or booking dates available to host your party in my Stampin Studio
come on over to my studio and stamp with me – click here to sign up
and over at Stamping and Blogging today:
The new SWIRLY BIRD class is all loaded up:
- 4 – newly designed cards, two of them are 10 minutes or less
- 1 – a little bit more challenging
- 1 – totally over the top, but just take it slow – you will get it finished.
- 4 – new PDF Files with full color images of each step
Sign in/Sign up today to get started on this great new class.
- Card Base: Thick Whisper White 4-1/4 x 11
- Mat: Smoky Slate 3-3/4 x 5
- Card front: Thick Whisper White 3-7/8 x 5-1/8
- Die Cut Pieces: Peekaboo Peach 2-1/2 square, Chocolate Chip 3/4 x 4, Crumb Cake 3 x 3 and Blushing Bride 1 x 2
Supply List for the Stampin Up Flourishing Phrases card: