Hi card making friends, my share today is created with the Stampin Up Flurry of Wishes . First: I wanted to wish all my American Friends a very Happy Thanksgiving today.
We have a sketch challenge this week – I love sketches, it always gives a great starting point for the creative process. I chose to Emboss a snowflake as my Big circle, and add punched out Glimmer paper for my smaller one!
Sandi’s Tips & Tricks for the Stampin Up Flurry of Wishes card:
- I started with a piece of 90 lb cold pressed Watercolor Paper
- I heat embossed the large snowflake on the 3-3/4 x 5 piece of watercolor paper, and the small snowflakes on another scrap.
- I used my aqua painter to add water and then Tempting Turquoise and Bermuda Bay to make the snowflakes pop.
- I used the Snow Flurry Punch to punch out the two small snowflakes
- the 1-3/4″ and 2″ circle punches to punch the Dazzling Diamonds and Silver Glimmer Paper
- Then the Christmas Greetings Thinlits to cut out the sentiment.
- Use Fast Fuse to attach the dry watercolor paper to the Bermuda Bay Mat and then to the Thick Whisper White card base.
- Lay down about 36″ of the Silver Metallic Thread onto the art piece and then use Silver Sequin Trim, with a glue dot behind each Sequin to hold the thread in place
- Attach the Glimmer Paper circles with Glue Dots.
- Attach the individual snowflakes with Dimensionals.
- Embellish the snowflakes with Iced Rhinestones and Basic Rhinestones.
It’s very abstract, but that was the way I was feeling today, nothing ridged or “inside the box” so to speak, LOL….
I had to share this with you today too. As you know, we have moved north for a little bit, and yes, it’s cold up here… -11 right now. So Oscar and Lucy got coats and boots last week…..These are their little coats, the sidewalks were dry for this walk, so no boots, But I think I’ll video tape the day we try and put those on, haha…. they LOVE the snow, especially Lucy, she just goes crazy out in it.
On another personal note, while you are reading this, I am at the Saskatoon Hospital having more cancer cut out of my scalp. I’m a little worried about this one because it’s so much bigger and a different color than the others before. I have a couple of blog posts scheduled to cover the next couple of days while I recoup, and I’ll be sending out thank you cards over the weekend for November orders as well, (Octobers are in the mail). So I’ll be working a little, you just may not hear from me for a couple of days if you place an order on Thursday or Friday morning, but I’ll respond as soon as I can.
Thanks so much for visiting me today, I hope you enjoyed the projects.