Hi Stampers, my share today is created with the Stampin Up Flurry of Wishes for Happy Stampers Blog Hop. First: I wanted to wish all my American Friends a very Happy Thanksgiving today.
We have a sketch challenge this week – I love sketches, it always gives a great starting point for the creative process. I chose to Emboss a snowflake as my Big circle, and add punched out Glimmer paper for my smaller one!
Sandi’s Tips & Tricks:
- I started with a piece of 90 lb cold pressed Watercolor Paper
- I heat embossed the large snowflake on the 3-3/4 x 5 piece of watercolor paper, and the small snowflakes on another scrap.
- I used my aqua painter to add water and then Tempting Turquoise and Bermuda Bay to make the snowflakes pop.
- I used the Snow Flurry Punch to punch out the two small snowflakes
- the 1-3/4″ and 2″ circle punches to punch the Dazzling Diamonds and Silver Glimmer Paper
- Then the Christmas Greetings Thinlits to cut out the sentiment.
- Use Fast Fuse to attach the dry watercolor paper to the Bermuda Bay Mat and then to the Thick Whisper White card base.
- Lay down about 36″ of the Silver Metallic Thread onto the art piece and then use Silver Sequin Trim, with a glue dot behind each Sequin to hold the thread in place
- Attach the Glimmer Paper circles with Glue Dots.
- Attach the individual snowflakes with Dimensionals.
- Embellish the snowflakes with Iced Rhinestones and Basic Rhinestones.
It’s very abstract, but that was the way I was feeling today, nothing ridged or “inside the box” so to speak, LOL….
I had to share this with you today too. As you know, we have moved north for a little bit, and yes, it’s cold up here… -11 right now. So Oscar and Lucy got coats and boots last week…..These are their little coats, the sidewalks were dry for this walk, so no boots, But I think I’ll video tape the day we try and put those on, haha…. they LOVE the snow, especially Lucy, she just goes crazy out in it.
On another personal note, while you are reading this, I am at the Saskatoon Hospital having more cancer cut out of my scalp. I’m a little worried about this one because it’s so much bigger and a different color than the others before. I have a couple of blog posts scheduled to cover the next couple of days while I recoup, and I’ll be sending out thank you cards over the weekend for November orders as well, (Octobers are in the mail). So I’ll be working a little, you just may not hear from me for a couple of days if you place an order on Thursday or Friday morning, but I’ll respond as soon as I can.
Thinking about joining Stampin UP? Sign up under any of these amazing ladies and become part of our team.
Sandi MacIver – (you are here)
Supplies used to create the Stampin Up Flurry of Wishes for Happy Stampers Blog Hop Card:
Thanks so much for stopping in to visit me today; I hope you enjoyed my share and if you need products to create the Stampin Up Flurry of Wishes for Happy Stampers Blog Hop card, – I would love to be your demonstrator, simply use my “shop with me” button below, or contact me and I would be happy to place your order for you.
SPRING CATALOG MAILING – if you have purchased from me in the past 3 months, you are already on my mailing list for the new catalog. IF you have not ordered from me in the past 3 months, but plan to, please e-mail me to get on the mailing list. Deadline is November 29th as I have to have the order completed by the 30th. This is for Canada and the USA.
Click the button to view the USA products in the Online Extravaganza Sale
Click the button ot view the CANADIAN products in the Online Extravaganza Sale
November Hostess Code: CANADA – NEDGUDTV
When you shop with me online or in person, you earn Corgi Rewards which you can redeem for FREE Stampin Up products.
Weekly Deals – Canada
Clearance Rack – Canada