Hey card making friends my share today is Stampin Up Gift Of Love for Happy Stampers Blog Hop
This week we have a beautiful colour challenge to work with:
So I decided to watercolour with the colors and created this card:
Sandi’s Tips & Tricks:
- I used the Watercolor Wash background stamp, sponged on some Daffodil Delight and Flirty Flamingo ink, spritzed it with a little water before laying down a piece of watercolor paper.
- While letting the first piece dry, I stamped the glads on another piece of watercolour paper and used the ink pad lids and my aqua painter to colour them.
- I fussy cut them out so I could pop them up on the card.
- Back to the watercolor background, when it was dry, I flicked my Gold Wink of Stella across the watercolour for some “background noise”.
- I attached the watercolor piece to a Thick Whisper White card base with Multipurpose Glue before adding a little piece of the Pop of Pink Washi Tape at the top and the bottom
- I stamped the sentiment – albeit a little crooked, haha….
- Then I used Dimensionals to attach my flower.
- My embellishments are 3 gold sequins.
Now it’s time to go and see what the rest of the Happy Stampers Designers have come up with for this week’s challenge.
Click the button below to Hop on over to Amy Koenders
If you get lost along the way, here is a list of everyone involved in the hop today
Sandi MacIver – (you are here)
- Card Base: Thick Whisper White 4-1/4 x 11, score and fold at 5-1/2
- Card Front: Watercolour Paper 3-3/4 x 5
- Flower: Watercolour Paper 2 x 4-1/2
Thanks so much for visiting me today, I hope you enjoyed the projects.