Sandi MacIver – Stampin With Sandi – Stampin Up Hanging Garden
Hi stamping friends, today I’m sharing a card created with a stamp set that moved from the spring occasions to the new Annual Catalogue, Stampin Up Hanging Garden. And it’s a good thing it moved, because I bought it and it hasn’t seen ink yet, haha…too many stamps, not enough time.
This stamp set is on page 62 and so is this card, I loved it, so I pretty much cased it (copy and share).
Tips n Tricks for the Stampin Up Hanging Garden Card:
- I cut a piece of Crumb Cake 3-1/2 square and stamped the images in StazOn Black.
- Colour the images with Watercolour Pencils and blend them slightly with an Aqua Pen. I used Early Espresso on the basket, Basic Gray with Whisper White highlights for the frame, Lemon Lime Twist, Old Olive and Bermuda Bay on the succulents and leaves. Then plain white for the flowers and butterflies.
- I stamped and cut out the butterflies attaching them with a folded glue dot.
- I added a bit of early espresso around the butterflies just to make them appear fluttering.
- I white heat embossed the sentiment on a 1 x 3 piece of Basic Black and cut it down.
- I attached a 2-5/8 x 5-1/2 piece of the new Graceful Glass Designer Paper to the Very Vanilla card base 5-1/2 x 8-1/2, scored and folded at 4-1/4
- Next I cut a piece of Rich Razzleberry 5/8 x 5 and ran it through the Pinewood Planks embossing folder before attaching it over the designer paper.
- I then wrapped a piece of White Solid Baker’s Twine around and tied a knot over on the right.
- The art piece is attached with Dimensionals as is the sentiment after I trimmed and flag tailed it.
I loved colouring these fabulous baskets, don’t know why I waited so long to play with it, maybe 4 feet of snow haha….
I hope you enjoyed today’s project and thanks so much for stopping in to visit.
Wishing you Happy Stamping.