Hi card making friends, my share today is created with the Stampin Up In the Meadow.
This week we have a new sketch challenge to try out
and here is what I created for it with the Stampin Up In the Meadow Stamp Set
I have had this stamp set for a couple of months now and it was time to get it mounted and play with it:
Sandi’s Tips & Tricks:
- I stamped the deer and mountains on a piece of watercolor paper, in StazOn Black
- Using my Aqua painter and ink pad lids, I watercolored the image.
- Deer – Soft Suede, Pumpkin Pie and Delightful Dijon
- Mountains – Island Indigo and Elegant Eggplant
- Grass – Wild Wasabi and Old Olive
- Flowers – Melon Mambo.
- For the strip on the right, I again used StazOn Black to stamp the trees on a piece of Wild Wasabi, I added some Wild Wasabi ink to the branches and the grass at the base and highlighted the tree with my white gel pen.
- Attach the Wasabi piece to the right side of the watercolor paper before attaching it to the Bermuda Bay Mat. At this point, I sliced a sliver off a piece of basic black and used it as a little divider between my two art pieces….I felt it needed a little definition.
- Wrap the Linen Thread around the piece 3 times before tying a bow under the trees.
- Attach to the Wild Wasabi Card Base with Fast Fuse.
- Punch out flowers, apply white dots randomly around the center before adding a medium sized rhinestone to each one. Attach with glue dots:
- Card Base: Wild Wasabi 5-1/2 x 8-1/2 score and fold at 4-1/4, Bermuda Bay Mat 4 x 501/4
- Art Piece: Watercolor paper 3-7/8 x 5-1/8, right panel Wild Wasabi 1-3/4 x 3-7/8 , Black Strip – 1/4 x 3-7/8
- Flowers: Melon Mambo 1 x 3
- Sentiment: Whisper White, 1 x 2, stamp and trim
Thanks so much for visiting me today, I hope you enjoyed the project.