Canadian Stampin Up Demonstrator Sandi MacIver – Stampin Up Lighthearted Leaves for Stamping and Blogging.
Hi Stampers, my Share today is created with a NEW Holiday Catalog Set, Stampin Up Lighthearted Leaves for Stamping and Blogging Sketch #118
Love these designs and loved colouring them even more. They remind me of the Indian Henna designs Mehndi – using in their celebrations and symbolizing good luck, health and sensuality.
Sandi’s Tips & Tricks for the Stampin Up Lighthearted Leaves for Stamping and Blogging card:
- Pick your Designer Paper first for the sketch, that makes picking the ink colours super easy – Use my DSP and Coordinating card stock worksheet – to help you with that.
- Don’t add too many colours. I stamped the images in Mint Macaron and Old Olive, then I used Mint Macaron and Pool Party Markers to colour. (LOVE – how my Stampin Write markers coordinate with my ink pads).
- My Art piece is Shimmery White card stock to add some extra “shimmer” to my design.
- Once I had the background piece colored, I cut out my little sentiment piece and laid it in place, because the stamps in this set are photopolymer (clear) it was super easy to line up the image and stamp it a second time. I colored the image, backed it with a piece of Basic Black and used Dimensionals to attach it for a little 3-d effect on my card.
- I threw in Black as a little drama to offset the light greens and blues in my design
- I repeat the design on the inside of my card as well.
and it’s time to go and visit the Design Team to see what they created with it. Click on the links below to visit their blogs, or visit our Stamping and Blogging Facebook Page – get full of inspiration from these great artists, then grab the sketch and come and join us over at the Sketch and Stamp Challenge Blog – we would love to see what you create with it.
Amy Koenders – USA
Sandi MacIver – CANADA (you are here)
Caroline van der Straaten – Netherlands
Marine Wiplier – France
Erna Logtenberg – Netherlands
Shelagh Freemantle – Canada
Kerstin Kreis – Germany
Patrice Halliday – Larsen – New Zealand
for the Stampin Up Lighthearted Leaves for Stamping and Blogging Card:
Stampin’ Up! products used to create today’s card: Please click on the image for a larger view and further details and I can ship anywhere in Canada.
- Card Base: Old Olive 5-1/2 x 8-1/2, Mint Macaron 4 x 5-1/4
- Art Piece – Shimmery White 3-7/8 x 5-1/2 and 1-3/4 square for sentiment piece – Basic Black, 1-7/8 square mat for the sentiment piece.
- Pretty Petals Designer Paper 1-1/4 x 5-1/8, 1/2 x 5-1/8
- Inside of card: Mint Macaron 4 x 5-1/4, Shimmery White 3-7/8 x 5-1/8
I hope you enjoyed today’s project and thanks so much for stopping in to visit. Please use the current Host Code on your orders under $200. to receive an Online Stamping Class/product gift from me – full details here. Do NOT use the host code on orders over $200. as you become the HOST and receive the rewards.
Wishing you Happy Stamping
- Save 10% on product bundles
- Join our Happy Stampers team
- Subscribe to PAPER PUMPKIN
- Save up to 60% in the clearance rack
- CLICK HERE to receive updates, specials and CARD PDF’s in My Stampin Up Newsletter
- Subscribe to my YouTube Channel and be notified first when I load a new video
- be one of 27,800+ following me on PINTEREST – Check out these boards:
- NEW – Stampin Up Card Ideas – Group Board
- Order the NEWEST ONLINE Stamping Class in my NEW ONLINE CLASS store
Sign up for my Newsletter which comes out on Sunday Afternoons with the latest updates, shopping incentives and Newsletter EXCLUSIVE Cards with a FREE PDF download