Hi card making friends, my share today is the Stampin Up Merry Mice sneak peek! Yes, another new stamp set I have been playing with from the upcoming Holiday Mini, which if you are one of my customers, should be in your mailbox this week.
As soon as I saw this set on page 23 I knew I was ordering it – as you know, I LOVE to colour images with my Aqua Painter….I stamp a bunch of them up and then watch t.v. with Ian in the evening and colour.
There are a few other Sneak Peeks on this card too….
- Check out the Candy Cane Lane Baker’s Twine – comes in a two pack – Solid Red as shown and red and white metallic.
- How about the Designer Paper – Candy Cane Lane – check out pages 4 and 5 for the entire Suite all in Crumb Cake and Real Red – totally awesome for the Holidays.
Sandi’s Tips & Tricks:
- I coloured the image with Cherry Cobbler, Mint Macaron, Delightful Dijon, Marina Mist and Crumb Cake.
- Use the Aqua painter to pick up ink from the lids of the ink pads to colour your image.
- My Image is stamped in StazOn Black on watercolor paper. The StazOn Black won’t run when you get it wet, and the watercolour paper allows you to layer your ink colours for a pretty watercolour effect.
- For the background, I attached the stripped piece to one end of the Whisper White Mat, then added the center dots designer paper, then the stripped piece at the other end. That way they all fit nice and snug and if I need to trim, I only had to do it at one end.
- I like the Candy Cane Lane Baker’s Twine as an embellishment as it doesn’t add a lot of bulk to my card – no extra postage required – and hey it’s Christmas, it can add up.
Card Base: Crumb Cake 4-1/4 x 11, score and fold at 5-1/2. Mat – Whisper White 4 x 5-1/4.
- Dots: 3-7/8 x 4
- Stripes: 5/8 x 3-7/8 (2)
Art Piece: Watercolour paper 2-7/8″ square
Mat: Real Red 3″ square
Thanks so much for visiting me today, I hope you enjoyed the projects.