Sandi MacIver – Stampin With Sandi Stampin Up Painted Glass
Hi Stamping friends, today’s share Stampin Up Painted Glass is created with my favourite bundle from the New Catalogue.
I used to do Stained Glass as a full time job while I lived in Port Angeles WA, so this bundle really speaks to me. Today’s card is a CAS (copy and share) of a card in our Demonstrator Stampin Success Magazine that we demonstrators get each quarter. It’s always chalk full of great card and business ideas. The one in the magazine is blue, so I changed mine up to Calypso Coral.
Step by Step Instructions for the Stampin UP Painted Glass Calypso Coral Card:
- I started by colouring the front of the Graceful Glass Designer Vellum with my Stampin Blends using the light and dark of Calypso Coral and Old Olive.
- I mounted it to a piece of Whisper White cut the same size as the panel to make the colours pop, then 1/8 bigger for the calypso coral mat, and 1/8 bigger again for the Basic Black Mat.
- TIP – place glue dots under the coloured images to attach – they won’t show
- Under that, I have a piece of Calypso Coral 2-3/4 x 3-1/4 that I embossed the die panel twice, using the coordinating dies and new Embossing Mats.
- This is layered to my card base also in Calypso Coral, 5-1/2 x 8-1/2 scored and folded at 4-1/4
- The sentiment is from Stitched All Around and is stamped onto a piece of Whisper White, and under it I added a strip of Old Olive 1/8″ Sheer Ribbon, looped back and forth and held in place with glue dots hidden under the sentiment.
It’s a super-fast and easy card to create and looks amazing in almost any colour.
for the Stampin Up Painted Glass in Calypso Coral Card:
I hope you enjoyed today’s project and thanks so much for stopping in to visit.
Wishing you Happy Stamping.