Hi stamping friends, my share today is created with the Stampin Up Penned and Painted and the Spotlight Technique.
The Spotlight Technique is our challenge this month for Totally Techniques:
As a result you will be getting all kinds of great ideas from our Design Team on different ways you can accomplish the technique and with a variety of Stampin Up Stamps:
For my card today I ended up doing THREE Techniques – read on to see what they are.
Sandi’s Tips & Tricks:
- First of all, my finished card is 4 x 9 which fits into a legal size envelope you can purchase at the stationary stores, so you cut the Thick Whisper White at 8 x 9 and score it at 4
- The art piece is 2-7/8 x 6-7/8 also in Thick Whisper White and I used a small amount of snail to attach it to the card base before I started my stamping and I purposely stamped off the edge of the art piece. Consequently, this adds another technique to the card – the Double Time Technique.
- Next, I used the Layering Circle Framelits to die cut two circles which I then laid on my worktable and used the “fill in” stamps from the stamp set to add my colours, Marina Mist and Wild Wasabi. The Stamp Set is a Two Step Stamping Set….so that became my third technique.
- Finally, I cut two circles just a big bigger to use as mats – the NEW Laying Circle Framelits Set is Perfect for this step.
- Attach the art pieces to the mats.
- Attach the background piece to the Marina Mist mat cut at 3 x 7 before attaching it to the actual card base.
- Use Dimensionals to pop up the two circle art pieces, line up the stamping and then attach to the card.
- My sentiment is simple and understated – just a little “hello” from the Thoughtful Banners stamp set
- I kept my embellishments simple, just a few rhinestones and pearls.
Alas, everything was not clean and simple when making this next card: I also needed an anniversary card….so I stepped it up a bit
All the basic instructions are the same then I went to town on the embellishments, LOL..Two sprigs of leaves were die cut using the Rose Garden Thinlits, a doily was harmed in the creation of this project, some gold thread was intertwined behind the leaves and doily and finally a stamped sentiment from Timeless Love…
Now it’s time to go and see what the rest of the Design Team have come up with for this month’s Technique Challenge:
Click the button below to Hop on over to Patrice’s blog
If you get lost along the way, here is a list of everyone involved in the hop today
Sandi MacIver – Canada – You are here
Patrice Halliday-Larsen – New Zealand
Amy Koenders – USA
Shelagh Freemantle – Canada
Marine Wiplier – France
Erna Logtenberg – Netherlands
Heather Wright-Porto – USA
Nadine Weiner – Germany
Alison Solven – Canada
Thanks so much for visiting me today and if you would like to order the supplies to create the Stampin Up Penned and Painted and the Spotlight Technique card; simply click on the “shop with me” button below, I would be most happy to be your demonstrator.
You can find the card recipe and product list for today’s project at the end of this post.
If you need help with “how to order” – Click Here:
Earn Corgi Rewards towards FREE stamps when you shop with me
Want a NEW 2016 – 2017 CANADIAN STAMPIN UP Annual Catalog mailed to you? Click here
Save 10% on Stampin Up PRODUCT BUNDLES – 41 to choose from here
Want 1,000+ card ideas for the New Stampin UP Catalog? find them: – on Pinterest here:
Organize your “MUST HAVE” new products with my printable “Wish List 2016“
Join in JUNE – Sign UP to be a demonstrator and get 2 FREE stamp sets (could be up to a $125. value), plus $165.00 of product in your starter kit for just $135.00. I would love to welcome you to my team. Click here for more info and to sign up
June Host Special – Get an Additional $40.00 in HOST REWARDS with a $400+ Order. Can be a personal order, a group order or a party order. E-mail me with questions or booking dates available to host your party in my Stampin Studio
come on over to my studio and stamp with me – click here to sign up
and over at Stamping and Blogging today:
The new SWIRLY BIRD class is all loaded up:
- 4 – newly designed cards, two of them are 10 minutes or less
- 1 – a little bit more challenging
- 1 – totally over the top, but just take it slow – you will get it finished.
- 4 – new PDF Files with full color images of each step
Sign in/Sign up today to get started on this great new class just in time for Father’s Day
- Card Base: Thick Whisper white 8 x 9- score and fold at 4
- Art Piece: Thick Whisper White 2-7/8 x 6-7/8
- Mat: Marina Mist 3 x 7
- Additional Piece of Marina Mist 3-1/2 x 6 to die cut two circles for mats behind the “spotlights”
Supply List for the Stampin Up Penned and Painted and the Spotlight Technique: