Hi card making friends, my share for you today is created with the Stampin Up Remarkable you in Pool Party and Mossy Meadow with a background of Soft Suede. Wow – what a combo right? haha…
The colors are from this week’s color challenge
I used my aqua painters and diluted reinkers on watercolor paper to create this card.
Sandi’s Tips & Tricks:
- Stamp the images in StazOn Black onto Watercolor Paper. TIP – I use my stamp positioner to help me get the images in just the right place.
- I used a ink well, adding a few drops of each color and then a few drops of water.
- The image was painted with my Aqua painter. For the flowers I did the Pool Party first and when it was almost dry I added a little bit of the Mossy Meadow – kind of cool combo don’t you think.
- Once the leaves and flowers were dry, I painted the background with diluted Soft Suede – it looks like leather!.
- For the Sentiment, the “thanks” is a little wooden guy and I wanted him black.
- So Face First into the StazOn Black ink pad for him. I left the edges brown, it really gives it depth on the card.
- The other sentiment is White Embossed onto Black card stock, and then just snipped to size.
- Behind that, a little Gold Metallic Thread for just a hint of bling….
- and here is the inside of the card for you…..same technique, but I didn’t paint the background….it’s giving me an idea for another card, haha…
- Card Base: Pool Party 4-1/4 x 11, score and fold at 5-1/2
- Mat: Mossy meadow 4 x 5-1/4
- Art Piece: watercolor paper 3-7/8 x 5-1/8
- Sentiment: Basic Black 1/2 x 2-1/2
Thanks so much for visiting me today, I hope you enjoyed the project.