Hi Stampers, my share today is created with the Stampin Up Rose Wonder.
This week we have a color challenge and truthfully, I had a bit of a time with it. haha….mostly because I was busy painting these beautiful roses in the new Stampin Up Rose Wonder Stamp Set – do you remember Fifth Avenue Floral? – same fun!.
Ok, I finally finished a few Roses after playing and adding Gold Wink of Stella to them,
I actually decided I liked the rose without the Wink of Stella, so here it is painted in 1 color – Rose Red!…
Sandi’s Tips & Tricks:
- I gold embossed the flower onto 90 lb. watercolor paper and used my aqua painter to paint it.
- Then I used the other two challenge colors White and Gold for my background.
- Don’t you LOVE the coordinating Rose Garden Thinlits that go with this stamp set? I used them to cut out the leaves. Check out the bundle and save yourself 15%… #140804
- The gold striped background paper is actually Fancy Foil Designer Vellum – it’s yummy and perfect for this challenge don’t you think?
- For the Sentiment, I used the label Thinlit in the set and a piece of Gold Foil Sheet for the background and the sentiment itself is Gold Embossed onto a piece of Thick Whisper White and then punched out with the Large Oval Punch.
- The final touch – pearls of course!
- Card Base: Thick Whisper White 5-1/2 x 8-1/2 score and fold at 5-1/2 – Fancy Foil Designer Vellum 4 x 5-1/4
- Art Piece: 90 lb Cold Press watercolor paper
- Leaves: Thick Whisper White 4-1/4 x 5-1/2
- Extras: strip of Gold Foil Sheet 1 x 4 – behind Rose – label – 2 x 3, and another piece of Thick Whisper White, 1-1/2 x 2-1/2 – for sentiment.
Thanks so much for visiting me today, I hope you enjoyed the projects.